Is there realy a drop-shot award?

Call of Duty Black Ops forum

Is there realy a drop-shot award?

I crouched just before i killed someone and it said "drop shot!" seriously treyarch? like a knew a lot of people are drop shotting which is gay. but why make it an award!!!!!!!! ewwwwww

Level 7
14 REPLIES
Highlighted

Re: Is there realy a drop-shot award?

in reply to mr_happy102

Don't be so stuck in your ways.. There is nothing gay about going prone to decrease visibility and increase stability... 'drop shot' is just the common phrase used for using a perfectly legitimate (and common procedure when under fire in the military) tactic... Sheesh..

Level 3

in reply to mr_happy102

Yup. I know, it's pretty gay.

Level 6

in reply to mr_happy102

Drop-shotting has saved me so many times, the tactical button layout is there for a reason. The people that hate drop-shots are the ones that like to panic knife, my friend uses the default layout and he says drop-shotting is cheating...it's hilarious. If anything panic knifing is cheating, since its a one hit kill anywhere on the body.

How many times have you had to melee somebody twice since your first panic kinfe missed? That happens with the default layout since it only takes a millisecond to flinch your thumb and hit the right analog stick. The tactical button layout forces you to take your thumb off, which gives yourself more time time to properly line up your melee.

I can still panic knife really fast with the tactical layout, as well as drop-shot when needed. It's funny how stuborn some people are, when they can improve their game tremendously. You should also try sniping some time, or using a riot shield...it's fun to try new things.

Level 7

in reply to mr_happy102

It's rewarding people for not being panic-knifing bitches.

Tactical layout master race.

Level 8

in reply to mr_happy102

I dont really understand all this drop shotting angst, and I play on default!

Drop shotting can be useful but can cause problems too (many get prone blocked when trying it.) Ive always found it more useful to jump shot then drop shot anyway.

If you see someone drop shotting, its almost certain that theyre half decent but some of the Worlds best still use default.

Level 16

in reply to mr_happy102

Drop shotting is cheap, so is panic knifing. i agree. It seriously has nothing to do with skill, i dont get why your disputing it... it's a just a way of increasing kd because you go prone while spraying your smgs. (that is a generalization please dont comment on it)

Level 7

in reply to mr_happy102

Drop shotting takes more skill than hitting a single button to get a kill.  Atleast with drop shotting you still have to aim and shoot to still get a kill.  Drop shotting isn't always a good thing anymore because it takes a lot longer to lay down than when drop shotting was founded as a tactic.  When drop shotting you are more likely to get headshotted now than ever before and often it gets you killed more than ever in BO2, atleast in my experience.

Level 47

in reply to iivrruummii

iivrruummii wrote:

Drop shotting takes more skill than hitting a single button to get a kill.  Atleast with drop shotting you still have to aim and shoot to still get a kill.  Drop shotting isn't always a good thing anymore because it takes a lot longer to lay down than when drop shotting was founded as a tactic.  When drop shotting you are more likely to get headshotted now than ever before and often it gets you killed more than ever in BO2, atleast in my experience.

No it doesn't. It takes no more skill than aiming and shooting, noobs pretend to think it makes them good.

The advantage drop shots give is like you said, making yourself a smaller target. That doesn't work when you lay down directly in front of someone. Distance is the key. i'd say three quarters of my headshots thus far are gifts from these folks.

Besides any small advantage it gave is now gone since it's pretty much guaranteed everyone will try to do it, much like dumping bullets into someone because you assume they are going into second chance.

Level 34

in reply to avengedyesterda

Just wow.  It was like you didn't read a single word of my post.  Maybe you were just posting to someone else and quoted mine by mistake.

Level 47

Studios