Displeased Player

Call of Duty Black Ops forum

Displeased Player

It would appear from viewing the forum site here that we might have a case false advertising, or at the very least a bait and switch going on with the removal of Nuketown 2025.

Earlier it was posted on the community play map as 24/7. Now everything I read, on either their packaging or their official web site, has no statements saying that they will be removing Nuketown 2025 from multiplayer.

The advertisment for early pre orders gives the impression this is a continuing play map and not a temporary installment. So with that said how could Activision, which by the way I own shares of their stock, go ahead and open them self up to a class action lawsuit.

I'm not a lawyer and I don't know if this may be the case, but I will consult a lawyer tomorrow.

It's very sad that a company that makes so much money off of hard working people during these times that they would pull something like this.

Regards,

Unhappy Player

Level 1
6 REPLIES

Re: Displeased Player

in reply to slif771

I'm not sure what they are thinking but I'm pretty sure that offering somone a pre-order bonus and only allowing them it for a week is pretty bad.

What I would comment is that perhaps they have done this for another reason- over the weekend I was online and there were approx 600,000+ people on line in various playlists (not sure if that counts people playing zombies and campaing).

Out of those 600,000 165,000 + were playing in the Nuketown map.

I think the Nuketown has been so popular that it's dilluted the number of players playing on the 'new maps', not sure if this makes them feel like the new content they offered is not as good as the old- or they feel not enough people are taking part in the new online mode as they preferred the old.

it just seems odd that after 6 days out of the blue it would dissapear?

Level 1

Probably had a bigger impact on matchmaking than they had anticipated. They obviously intended to keep the playlist on permanently, hence the description saying “All Nuketown 2025, all the time. 24 hours a day. 7 days a week. We never close.”

They should have included it with all copies of the game. When they announced the preorder bonus, I immediately knew there'd be matchmaking issues. They should've known too.

The only proper way to fix the situation is to give NT2025 to everyone for free and make it a mandatory download like Terminal was in MW3.

Level 6

in reply to slif771

It's been moved to the Chaos Moshpit and is in rotation with a few other maps.

Level 69

in reply to phxs72

phxs72 wrote:

It's been moved to the Chaos Moshpit and is in rotation with a few other maps.

And this is probably so that it wouldn't be as popular and take so many people off of other playlist, but would still be available.

Level 6

in reply to Disconnected_

Still makes a joke of the open 24/7 365 we never close doesn't it

Level 1
Highlighted

in reply to slif771

Thank you for your Feedback. You have a really good idea and
I will forward it on to the correct department. ^MX

Player Support

Studios