DO YOU THINK FOOTSTEPS WILL GET A BUFF IN AN UPCOMING PATCH??

Call of Duty Black Ops forum

Re: DO YOU THINK FOOTSTEPS WILL GET A BUFF IN AN UPCOMING PATCH??

in reply to danielbondnz

Wasn't it the same way in Blops?  I remember the footsteps were almost non-existent there as well.

Level 48

in reply to danielbondnz

I am upset by this as well.  I am hoping for a buff. 

Level 1

in reply to danielbondnz

I hope they dont..

its a perk being able to soundwhore people by itself.

AND ITS REALLY EASY TO DO:

it will only cost you 3/10 CAC points..

you will need 3th perk thingy get dead silence+awereness and you can sound whore for days even when running around..

its good the way it is.. to get something that powerfull you should need to give up stuff IMO

Level 1

in reply to mwmichelin2

I have a headset and I've tried dead silence + awareness and I still can't hear shit!

Level 1
Highlighted

in reply to danielbondnz

Have any of you tried changing the presets in the MP menu? They have presets like a headset has now, one of which makes higher tones louder (footsteps, reloads etc)

Level 32

in reply to dstr001

Supercrunch is supposed to be the best setting for hearing footsteps but it doesn't help much, if any.

Level 1

in reply to dstr001

dstr001 wrote:

Have any of you tried changing the presets in the MP menu? They have presets like a headset has now, one of which makes higher tones louder (footsteps, reloads etc)

I have to agree with dstr001 here.

Dan, have you switched your audio preset to "Headphones"?

I own a pair of Astro A40's & did a bit of testing in combat training with Awareness and I could hear footsteps. Maybe not as loud as what MW3 had with Sitrep Pro but I could still hear it.

Funny enough I don't even use soundwhore perks anymore. Just Tactical Mask, Dexterity & Engineer. Not because Awareness is not as effective as Sitrep Pro but really because I prefer using the other third tier perks.

Level 51

in reply to vims2011

Yea man,  I have it on super crunch, makes it ok, but not as good as bo1.

Iv got the turtle beach px5's pretty good headset.

I can play without footsteps tho, just a shame to have to change a recipe that has worked in all other cods.

Level 9

in reply to danielbondnz

danielbondnz wrote:

Yea man,  I have it on super crunch, makes it ok, but not as good as bo1.

Iv got the turtle beach px5's pretty good headset.

I can play without footsteps tho, just a shame to have to change a recipe that has worked in all other cods.

I've seen a number of complaints about audio tweeted to Vahn (mostly complaints about the sound perks) so I wouldn't be suprised if the devs do tweaks to it. (possible buffs to Awareness)

I can understand why they did decrease it due to the complaints about Sitrep Pro countering Dead Silence especially for S&D in MW3.

Give it time. There is a chance they might do tweaks to the sound perks.

Level 51

in reply to danielbondnz

I really hope they buff the footsteps, especially with the new map style. There's a lot of different directions to watch and it's almost impossible to do so in a game mode like FFA without hearing footsteps and FFA is pretty much all I play. I really like everything else so far in Black Ops 2 and really want to love this game. The lack of footsteps is creating a lot of frustration for me though, I can't seem to play more than an hour without finding myself getting angry. I used to play Blops for hours on end and can honestly say it's my favorite game of all time but I really hope they fix the one problem I have with this game, cause for me it's a pretty big one.

Level 18

Studios