Combat training : BLK OP I vs BLK OP II

Call of Duty Black Ops forum

Combat training : BLK OP I vs BLK OP II

How does Blk ops I compare with Blk ops II combat training better or worse? Like it ? dislikes. discuss please.

Level 15
12 REPLIES
Highlighted

Re: Combat training : BLK OP I vs BLK OP II

in reply to a_d_p_alien

I'm not a fan of it. I liked it where I could play by my self. Not with everyone else online. Just to mess about now and then.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to Benji090

Interesting.Combat training has no solo game play?

Level 15

in reply to a_d_p_alien

The only way to play the bots solo is to play in the "Local" lobby, where you can access every weapon, perk, attachments, scorestreaks, and I haven't checked camos, but probably those too. You don't get any xp, and there are no challenges, but this is the only part of this game that is actually fun, besides campaign which I thought was good.

But all the way around, Combat Training was better in Ops 1 so that you could play solo if you wanted.

Level 2

in reply to a_d_p_alien

easy bo1 hands down

Level 7

in reply to a_d_p_alien

They really are 2 different things going by the same name. 

Combat Training in BO1 let you work your way through the level progression against AI opponents, unlocking everything in the same way as multiplayer, but only playing FFA or TDM.  However, you couldn't play it unless you were connected to the internet. 

BO2 Combat training (bootcamp) allows you to play some real matches, against real opponents without it affecting your stats and you earn real XP up till you hit lv 11.  Then you have objective where you apparently play with both bots and humans (though I could never tell which were which). 

What BO2 gives you is the ability to play offline, with bots in a variety of game modes and a real chance to try out all of the weapons and practice/learn different tactics for different game modes.  It's a much more robust offering overall and one of my personal favourite things about BO2

Level 29

in reply to WKMMS

i believe the bots in combat training still have the '3arc" clan tag.

In reguards to solo play, BO:2 combat training seems to have a lot more options similar to a private match then BO:1 does, and although it was fun top lvl up through combat training in BO:1 i like having access to every item in BO:2 so that you can "try before you buy" in real MP...

Level 1

in reply to a_d_p_alien

BO2 even the stupid bots can shoot down airsupport. In my opinion a +

Roll the dice. Life is a gamble
GRaSS is OP. SaND get's everywhere
Level 59

in reply to a_d_p_alien

If you are talking about the quality of the AI/bots, BO2 is miles ahead of BO1.  They play objectives, shoot down support, camp, more like real players the BO1 bots ever were.  A few of us set up a match and the organizer set the level/quantity of the bots at a higher setting (not sure if it was vet or hardened) and we actually got spawn trapped by the darn bots.  Very good practice settings.

If your thing was to level up in combat training, that side game isn't there for you anymore, but if you want to try out perks, guns, attachments, scorestreaks, etc., in a competitive setting it is all there for you.

I give the bots in BO2 a big thumbs up for how they work now.

Level 12

in reply to a_d_p_alien

I absolutely hate it. It's supposed to be 3humans+3bots vs 3humans+3bots. I have never seen this happen. It's always 12 humans. So all the pre-release info was wrong. The bot stomp mode is not even there. The bottom line is most people who enjoyed CT would prefer to have to old CT back with support for the new game modes. All the guys in CT now are just using it to rank up without ruining their precious stats. I've tweeted at dvahn and treyarch about this, but I just get ignored. Obviously they don't give a shit about this.

Please let them know on twitter if you want to old CT back or atleast what they promised pre-release:

In this interview he specifically states:

"So in Boot Camp mode, CT offers 12-player matches – three humans and three bots per team – and the first ten levels you gain in Boot Camp are real levels that you’ll keep for your public MP rank. Objective games in CT will give you XP beyond level 10, but you only gain XP at half the rate that you do in regular public matches. It’s the same 3+3 teams, but as the name suggests, you’re playing objective-based games (except for S&D). That’s right – the bots know how to play Domination now! The third Combat Training mode is Bot Stomp, which gives a six-player human team the chance to just destroy teams of AI sucker"

http://oneofswords.com/2012/09/in-deeper-with-call-of-duty-black-ops-ii-multipla yer/

Level 2

Studios