Broken lag compensation returns.

Call of Duty Black Ops forum

Re: Broken lag compensation returns.

in reply to Disconnected_

Got in a few god mode matches tonight.(about 3 good out of 20) Felt bad for the poor chaps that couldnt get off a shot.(naah it felt great returning the favor) Either way somethings gotta be done its completely random and bars dont tell you anything.

Level 1

Just wated to give an update to everyone; Maccabi, I decided to take your advice and called my ISP (Sky), they have something called a "gaming profile" which basically lowers your speed in turn for better latency, and I have to say, it worked! I still get occasional BS lag, but the game feels and plays smoother than it ever has, and I am actually playing better than I ever have done. Granted it hasnt compeltely sorted it, but I just wanted to thank you Mac, and apologise for doubting you.

If anyone else has sky, i encourage you to phone them and ask to get the gaming profile put on, it costs nothing to do, and they do it on their end; and for anyone not on sky, ask your ISP if they do anything similar, it will help, trust me.

Level 32

in reply to dstr001

dstr001 wrote:

Just wated to give an update to everyone; Maccabi, I decided to take your advice and called my ISP (Sky), they have something called a "gaming profile" which basically lowers your speed in turn for better latency, and I have to say, it worked! I still get occasional BS lag, but the game feels and plays smoother than it ever has, and I am actually playing better than I ever have done. Granted it hasnt compeltely sorted it, but I just wanted to thank you Mac, and apologise for doubting you.

If anyone else has sky, i encourage you to phone them and ask to get the gaming profile put on, it costs nothing to do, and they do it on their end; and for anyone not on sky, ask your ISP if they do anything similar, it will help, trust me.

theres 4 tiers to the gamer profile, if you're close to the next highest one they will sometimes put you on that but you may have errors, hence they drop your bandwidth to the next tier of the gamer profile so you dont have a lower quality connections.

unless they changed it recently the tiers are to best of my knowledge still

Base gamer - 2048 kbps. Upload - 416 kbps.

Mid gamer - 10240 kbps. Upload - 608 kbps.

Low Max gamer - Download - 10240 kbps. Upload 800 kbps.

High Max gamer - Download - 20000 kbps. Upload - 1216 kbps

as a footnote skys gaming profile differs from what other uk isps will tell you is "better" for gaming and will probably suggest you go onto fastpath (it lowers your ping slightly but comes with a whole heap of additional problems so I would be very wary of asking for this to be turned on and if you do decide to make sure your isp will allow you to change it back if it starts causing you problems (increase in dropped packets and reduction of line quality being the main ones.

Level 75

Back on topic:

Tried a few matches today, still no change. The first FFA I get into everyone has a solid four bar connection (matchmaking works). I get instakilled three times in a row, by different players. No indication whatsoever that I'm taking damage. The enemies come from behind a corner and before I have a chance to do anything I'm dead. Left match -> host migration. Same exact experience I had in MW3. Same BS sync issues in every match, the worst when hosting.

I'm still waiting for dev input on this. I noticed on Twitter that Vahn was asking for footage of this issue, so at least they're not completely ignoring it. Sadly I don't have a capture card, but if any of you do it would be great if you sent him some footage of the broken lag compensation in action. Still, I'd like them to join the conversation and tell us if they're working on a fix and how it's going. The game is unplayable for me, can't really find any playable lobbies.

Level 6
Highlighted

Locking.

• Arguments
  • False Reports
  • Inability to accept secondary discussion points of a complex system.
  • Creation and elaboration of conspiracy theories.

I will not delete the thread as it has some good back and forth that should remain public, but I can't let this one stay open for discussion. The above points are generated to quickly. Some more than others.

Studios