Broken lag compensation returns.

Call of Duty Black Ops forum

Highlighted

Re: Broken lag compensation returns.

in reply to Hayburn1

Hayburn wrote:

at this point I don't care what it is. if someone is using something to bypass the way the rest of us have to play then isn't that modding. and if your having to mod to just to play on a fair playing field then that tells that Theres a problem. what ever its is netcode matchmaking somthing's wrong and its needs sorting.

I cant go into details but yes it is modding and something i would advise noone to do.

but it does highlight the point perfectly.

By passing the matchmaking system and connecting to players another way and with NO changes to the netcode of the game it runs fine

its an arguably fact im afraid.

netcode is fine matchmaking isn't, which treyarch have already said they are going to be tweakin and dialing in settings as its launch week, same as every cod game has been

Level 75

in reply to Disconnected_

If you can't beat them join them...

I went from using my 25 down 10 up hardwired Open NAT DMZ setup and boat loads of horrible lag compensation to switching over to using the wireless connection and forcing the router to broadcast only B signal, and...well...would you look at that...now I'm the one with the advantage.  It seems to me that this is a race to the bottom of the connection barrel before everyone just glitches around in what could only be described as the saddest state of online gaming I've ever heard of.

Level 1

in reply to RPIJG28

Pretty much the same story as you guys. I'm on a 60mb connection and I'll shoot someone and they'll kill me in less than a second. It's like an insta-death. Then when I watch the killcam it's like I haven't shot and I clearly sprayed them down. Thinking of trading this in, which is a big thing as I have a pretty addictive personality and was definately in the mindset of hitting the top Prestige.

Really, really gutted about this.

Level 1

in reply to RPIJG28

RPIJG28 wrote:

If you can't beat them join them...

I went from using my 25 down 10 up hardwired Open NAT DMZ setup and boat loads of horrible lag compensation to switching over to using the wireless connection and forcing the router to broadcast only B signal, and...well...would you look at that...now I'm the one with the advantage.  It seems to me that this is a race to the bottom of the connection barrel before everyone just glitches around in what could only be described as the saddest state of online gaming I've ever heard of.

Yeah, I suppose I'll have to get some crappy 3G connection or something to be able stand a chance in this game. Very sad indeed. What's even more sad is how the devs are completely ignoring this issue. Again the $$$ goes before everything else. Currently this game is unplayable for me, even more so than MW3 ever was.

Level 6

Why is Vonderhaar not acknowledging this?  It's an absolute gamebreaker. I'll give it a few weeks and if nothing's been done it's going on ebay.

Level 6

I've gotten at lot of local lobbies, full of people from my country and the game has still been out of sync. In my experience it's not matchmaking that's broken here. It's the netcode.

Level 6

my personal "favorite" is when I check one side then as i'm turning the other way I get instakill by someone that just "appear" on the spot I just checked, I watched some few killcams and the person sees me looking directly at him, even though I never saw him in my scree.

Level 11

in reply to GALACT1C0s117

had that one a few times but cant work out if that's just bad lag or bad spawns. spawns I can live with, at least I can have a fair chance at killing them back later.

oh the joys of being a cod fan (or at least used to be)

Level 1

Needs fixed!

Level 10

I think I will switch to dial-up to hopefully get some kills

Level 1

Studios