Broken lag compensation returns.

Call of Duty Black Ops forum

Re: Broken lag compensation returns.

in reply to Antonio_Bravo

My k/d ratios in Black Ops 1 and MW3 were above 2.0, and now I'm sitting at a 1.47 due to lag compensation. I've even set it to best and I keep getting bs deaths over and over again. Your statement is ludicrous.

Level 8

in reply to Antonio_Bravo

You just don't get it man.  Somehow tonight I managed to play for a few hours with little to no lag compensation and I was getting a VSAT (sometimes two) every game, got my dogs and swarm on the games that I set them on.

This usually happens rarely with how bad the lag compensation is in conjunction with my play style.  If it does not happen to you just be thankful, but don't talk s**t to other people who claim they experience it and bash them as if they are making this up.  As a matter of fact, I will say that in one of the games I believe I was on the benefitting end of lag comp as indicated by unusually slow reaction time of opponents and them sometimes seeming to follow the previous path of my movement as opposed to aiming directly at me.  It is very real and people are justified in feeling a certain type of way about it regardless of their skill level.  It is foolish to conclude that one simply is not that good at the game because they believe to be suffering from lag compensation.

Level 2

in reply to Disconnected_

Yep, netcode is definately crap and breeding campers at an alarming rate (myself included) No point in even attempting to rush when you know you will be mowed down before your enemy raises his gun. Might aswell shack up behind one of the hundreds of head glitch spots littered throughout the map and break out the marsh mellows.

Level 1

First time i have ever had a real issue with CoD. I have went from haveing a K/D above 1.14 on all other games to a 0.90 on this one, i watch the killcam and the guy almost always has a 2 second head start.  My brother see's the same problems, each game is a flip of a coin, some games are good but most are horrendous. (i thought it was just me but my brothers K/D has also taken a massive plunge.) many of my other friends notice the same issues too.

Level 5
Highlighted

in reply to Bear90ofs1

Same for me. I can easily maintain a kd of 2.0 in every cod game and still not camp and play the objectives.

In blackops 2 during . 85 - 90% of my games I can barely stay at 1. I get 2 - 5 shots at what looks to be on target on my screen and then they get 1 shot and I'm dead. If I see someone and go back behind a wall I'm out of the way ages before they shoot on my screen but I still get killed.

Ive gone back to mw3 until it improves.

Level 4

in reply to d4ngermouse

d4ngermouse wrote:

Same for me. I can easily maintain a kd of 2.0 in every cod game and still not camp and play the objectives.

In blackops 2 during . 85 - 90% of my games I can barely stay at 1. I get 2 - 5 shots at what looks to be on target on my screen and then they get 1 shot and I'm dead. If I see someone and go back behind a wall I'm out of the way ages before they shoot on my screen but I still get killed.

Yeah, same. In the first BO my K/D was slightly above 2 and rising. In MW2 it was around 1.8, IIRC. I had a streak going pretty much all the time in these games.

In BO2 my K/D is slightly above 1 and going down. Yesterday I couldn't even go positive in most of the matches I played. Lag comped so hard. When I shoot at someone, nothing happens and then I'm dead without even seeing myself take damage. Can't hold a streak at all, because it's always broken by another BS death. Same lag comp BS I experienced in MW3.

Unplayable. Could a dev please comment on this issue? Is anything being done about this? When can we expect a fix?

Level 6

I have notice that setting your search preference to Best does not prevent 3 bar yellow and below from connecting to the the lobby, or those who may have their preference set to Normal or Any. And I think that is by design, but why ... they need to have a 4th option called 4 bars only mode to minimize the amount of correction applied to everyone's connection. I suspect that Best mode can actually be "Worst" mode at times when Joe Walmart with Any mode is in the lobby.

Your thoughts...

Level 8

in reply to Jake02

you may be right that its there by design and what ever it set at not much is going to change. but if that is the case its a stupid option to have in. reading what each one changes setting it to best should look for the best connection witch may increase search times, as of now there's is no deference in search times and the connection seems the same regardless of what I have it set at. I don't mind waiting longer for a game if  the quality of the connection is better as it is now im just game hopping hoping I get a server that's at least half good

Level 1

in reply to Hayburn1

If that is the case.... Then Joe Walmart with dial-up should not be given the option to choose "Best" or "Normal", only provide that choose for the ones that the game knows are truly capable of having a Best type connection, and only then provide a choose to go lower if they want.  Not really knowing what the differences to the underlying mechanics between the type of modes are, other than the description given at the preference selection option, maybe the choice should be based on max ping and if a user choose an inappropriate mode it notifies them that they will not be able to find any matches at this time.

Level 8

in reply to Jake02

Jake02 wrote:

If that is the case.... Then Joe Walmart with dial-up should not be given the option to choose "Best" or "Normal", only provide that choose for the ones that the game knows are truly capable of having a Best type connection, and only then provide a choose to go lower if they want.  Not really knowing what the differences to the underlying mechanics between the type of modes are, other than the description given at the preference selection option, maybe the choice should be based on max ping and if a user choose an inappropriate mode it notifies them that they will not be able to find any matches at this time.

There really is no "best type" connection in the sense you and may others refer to when you use the joe walmart /best internet money can buy scenerio

Everys connection is basically equal when it comes to ping. The only things that would affect this is if your isp uses any traffic managment systems at peak times, and or your own home networl whether incorrectly setup (as you just assumed it was plug and play) or if others are using sharing your connection.

The differences between the matchmaking settings is  NOT speed as that doesnt exist (i really dont understand why 3arch used that wording) People often mistake Bandwidth what their isp calls "speed" Bandwidth plays no part on matchmaking past when its needed to decide who is host.

You will not even tax your connections bandwidth even with the most basic of internet connections.

it just matchmakes using a tighter range of ping to start with before opening up to a wider range

without going into specifics matchmaking would first search for (as an example) sessions that are within a 0-50ms range , then if none or found that are suitabke it would extend that range to 0-100ms

(again thats an example not the correct numbers)

Level 75

Studios