virgin Media Superhub Users and Lag

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: virgin Media Superhub Users and Lag

in reply to josh1073

josh1073 wrote:

I would read the fine print.. They will pull some strings somewhere! Virgin media for example im on unlimited 60mb and im capped at 10gb a day read the fine print.

They say no  download or upload caps of any kind and that they never shape their P2P traffic but when I was with Virgin on the 50 meg super hub I  think it was throttled between 5pm to about midnight.

Although I jumped to late and missed skys gamer pack but from what they say and the information they give you sky unlimited is what it says.

Level 21

in reply to monkeylord1

gonna give that a look in the morning then, as this throttling is killing my enjoyment of the game

Level 2

in reply to monkeylord1

Yep they limit you at peak times  in the uk its about 3pm all the kids from school rushing to play cod. This is why i told him to read the fine print as what they tell you is not always true.

Level 17

in reply to monkeylord1

you can use another router. You just need to configure sky's broadband username and password to it in the router manager. Simple job. Just google it

Level 1

in reply to the_eon

i have a virgin media super hub 20mb connection and i have had no issue whatsoever.

wierd or wireless i allways seem to have a pretty good connection.

alltho on a side note virgin are shite anyways my internet is allways going down for no reason. i call the support and they seem to think my internet is 100% fine .. morons.. if i wasnt locked into a deal with them id be with sky.

Level 1

in reply to Supermusic1821

i signed up for the 50Mb as soon as it became avaliable, its been hugely inconsistant since... although my contract ran out over a year ago ive been too lazy to upgrade (didnt like BO1 or MW3 enough to investigate)  concidering im enjoying BO2 significantly more im gonna be changing supplyer.

when i got the 50Mb it was entirely for playing MW2, and at the time had very little traffic shaping. BL1 was laggy as hell due to the trafic shaping, MW3 was unplayable for most of the day and im finding that i cant even play a half decent match at 6am with BL2.

im gonna do a bit more investigating into the legalitys of virgins highly restrictive policys, as i have been informed that as well as having heavy traffic shaping, heavy usage will result in speeds being halved, it would apear that they class gaming as heavy usage.

Level 2

in reply to IJK_Caboose

Gaming uses very little bandwidth.

Level 17

in reply to the_eon

I have no problems with superhub on MW3 or BLOPS2.    

Doesn't mean I am happy with virgin. When my internet goes down they want to check my wireless settings depsite having nothing connected wirelessly.

Level 1

Studios