those who are laging badly like myself are you going to buy the new maps?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: those who are laging badly like myself are you going to buy the new maps?

in reply to Albysky

I dont pay for games or dlc.my ps3 is jailbroken and i download games+dlc as torrents.btw,everything is working onlineSmiley Happy

Level 1

in reply to audiorush

I bought the season pass.  I enjoy playing zombies from time to time so not that big a deal if multi-player is crap.  Last couple of nights the lag has been horrible for me. Last night I only played about thirty minutes jumping from lobby to lobby. The last straw was when I was selected host and it was the worst lag I've experienced to date considering I'm picked to host the majority of the time.  Quit the game at that point.

I didn't buy any of the DLC for COD4 or MW3.  I did buy DLC for world at war, MW2 and Black Ops 1.

Level 16

in reply to audiorush

Imo i will not be buying no dlc for black ops 2, as the issues that hounded the original Black ops & MW3 like lag,bad hit detection,teleporting players,rubber banding,the notorious prestige glitches and such still afflict the cod series.

Myself and my friends that play black ops 2 (About 40 of us) will not be buying any dlc until we see some progress in patching this broken game,The game itself has some new revolutionary idea's like pick 10 which balances the game out nicely,and the game mechanics is what i expect from cod,but after the last 2 cod's and now this one suffering from the dredded lag comp,this will be the last call of duty i will ever buy.

R.I.P COD

Oh yeah trearc,WTF did you do to zombies?

Level 1

in reply to pandarain

I played BF3 just this go around and I dont know what their doing but it is working when it comes to multiplayer! if treyarch/activision would fig that out,,,this game would be revolutuionary in gaming, but until then it will always be what could have been. And that sucks knowing this idea and the technology was out there to do it!

Level 1

in reply to audiorush

I've yet to buy anything from treyarch beside the game itself due to the lack of customer support.

Level 5

in reply to audiorush

I won't buy until they sort the lag. They should just use the old lag comp from MW2. That was the last cod that run correctly.

I also won't buy dlc until they ban all the prestige glitchers. I hope everyone sticks to there guns on this one. If not we will continue to get ripped off for broken content and games.

Level 8

in reply to audiorush

Excluding the last map pack for BO which was only zombies maps, i've bought all DLC in the past. This time around it won't happen, unless they are able to significantly improve the matchmaking and connectivity. And looking at Treyarch's track record i bet that will not happen, as the original BO still remains broken and infested with lag.

Although MW3 was made by a different developer, the same also applies there, it never got fixed. And i was foolish enough to preorder Elite Premium where i got screwed over by laggy playlists, price drops so that the DLC would have been cheaper separately, and by a service that never seemed to work properly and especially during launch it was mostly unavailable. For compensating the Elite service not being available in the beginning, they promised a one month continuation to my subscribtion free of charge. That also ended up being a fraud as Elite became free with BO2, and the one month extension never even got delivered and i ended up losing part of my clips from my vault etc. despite the fact i contacted Activisions customer support in advance once i noticed the end date on my PS3 was not updated further. Customer support claimed the service would still be continued, which it didn't. While reading the forum in the past there was also threads about the issue months in advance, and they did nothing in order to deliver what was promised.

So there's no way i'm getting a season pass, and a 99,9% chance i will not buy the DLC separetly either as that would require a fix to connectivity as i mentioned above, which will not happen. Anyone in their right mind should boycot the DLC unless they make a miracle and fix the game.

I want the DLC and i am a bit of a CoD-addict, but there comes a point when enough is enough. Next goal is to avoid preordering and buying the next title unless the feedback on the forum is positive.

Level 22

in reply to audiorush

I too have always bought the DLC for these games.. Not this time..

Level 1

in reply to sickmojave

Definitely inon the whole thing abotu not buying the DLC till they fix the connection issues like 30 minutes ago I was running with one bar and 92% signal strength while everyone was running with 4 bars, absolutely ridiculous

Level 1

in reply to audiorush

this is the first step, maybe start a forum getting people on board to reply as if signing a class action if you will.... sucks for me cause im an elit member so im locked in regardless but I hear and feel everyone issues, but other than BF3, treyarch/activision knows they have no real competition at this stage! and they abuse that previlidge to the fullest

Level 1

Studios