those who are laging badly like myself are you going to buy the new maps?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: those who are laging badly like myself are you going to buy the new maps?

in reply to audiorush

i didnt buy any DLC for MW3 for the same reason, so i wont be buying it for this either, thought i'd take a chance on buying this game in the hope that the lag issue would have dissapeared, but it hasnt for me anyway!

Level 4

in reply to audiorush

In my view this game is nothing more than a beta. The attitude is let's just throw it at the PS3 and hope for the best. Well they got the worst COD in history for the PS3.

Even offering a DLC for the PS3 is shamefull greedy action. They already know they have lost their adult audience so why not pass out soothers for the DLC as it's only the 12yr olds that are taking over the game.

Just say NO to the DLC. Take your money and give it to a food bank.

Level 17

in reply to audiorush

I would recommend no one purchase the DLC in protest, until its connectivity is improved.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to audiorush

I'll be holding off on buying DLC for awhile because I'm wondering how many will buy it and I don't want laggier games than I have now.

And unlike MW3 - we are not going to be able to disable the new maps easily to maybe get better connections - once you load DLC you have to play with it - unless you delete it.  This is a real step backwards as far as I'm concerned.

Level 24

in reply to sstang1

I shall not be buying any DLC. Why would I want more maps that lag so bad. Its not my connection its call of duty. End off

Level 1

in reply to sstang1

Forcing you to play with the DLC without the option to disable it is beyond stupid.  Without even taking the lag issue into consideration:

- In BO they put the DLC on a separate playlist, and it was often difficult to get matched up on it.

- In MW3, they had a pop-up message telling you to disable the DLC if you wanted to get a match anytime soon.

- Forcing Terminal DLC down everyone's throat on MW3 was one of the most irritating things they did for that title (for myself, anyway).

The best thing about BO2 is the range of options that are available in terms of Pick 10, Scorestreaks, Emblems, etc.  Then they turn around and take away one of the important choices, whether you want to play DLC maps or not.  Now, add in the frustration of the lag issues that have turned a COD title with possibly the most potential of them all into a COD title that is the least fun of all to play .  As a PS3 player, I have been burned enough times; no DLC for me.

Complaint thread?  Maybe it is, but they aren't going to stop until Activision gets its act together; something I don't have a lot of confidence in.  They won't be getting any more $$ from me.

Level 12

in reply to sstang1

Source? (where did you hear this part about not easily disabling the DLC maps?)

Level 15

in reply to audiorush

I have noticed that lag issues seem to be getting worse and worse for me ......it is still not present 100% of the time but i have noticed it has increased to well over 50% of my games it drive me crazy

if it gets worse no i wont buy the DLC .......

Level 16

This is the key. From my experience, I don't get shafted all the time BUT when I do, it's so bad it makes your blood boil. Simply put: Anger does NOT equal fun. Some may say: "You're just not good". Well, I think we all understand that you can't win them all but MW3 and BO2 had one very distinct thing in common: Cheap lag induced deaths piss you off beyond belief. Very unfortunate since I had a blast with BO1 and the previous CoD's over multiple platforms. Rolling the dice and not knowing if you are in a good lobby or not is NOT fun. Also, HOSTING......I'm mean really? If I find out I'm host I seriously claymore myself up into a building and camp my butt off since I need a HUGE edge to get the jump on people. That's wrong for the host IMO and i'm hard wired into my router.

Level 48

in reply to audiorush

Big absolute FAT..........NO.............Fix the lag comp first then i maybe think about it.

Level 12

Studios