sniper rifles are ridiculous!!!

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: sniper rifles are ridiculous!!!

in reply to jimmymccloud

When I snipe I et flanked so much after firing one shot! I had to put on danger close to help me with bouncing betties x2 which helps. This game is dominated by smg and AR. So many flank spots for every location. You have it backwards buddy.

Level 5

in reply to jimmymccloud

I didn't think it was possible, but QSing has gotten easier. I've actually found real sniping to be more of a challenge. I think that's mostly due to the maps not allowing for proper sniping spots. The FAL is a better option to go with most of the time

Level 75
Highlighted

in reply to jimmymccloud

they need to be rebalanced or something. someone sniped me numerously with no recoil or anything. one shot kills with silencers. totally ruining the experience. or atleast they should be game modes without specific weapons. this is my major bug bear of many probems in this game

I've been quickscoped one shot one kill amazing speed for a sniper rifle, haha. It doesnt happen much to me, and I tend to laugh at the moment. But they (sniper rifles) seem to be very strong in this game.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to jimmymccloud

Yes, well, once again, Sniper Rifles are intended for long range combat and the closer you get to your target, the less of an advantage you have. It takes longer to ADS, it takes longer to settle in on a target, and it takes longer to recover from recoil; ooh, btw, while yes, there are things to help reduce recoil and weapon sway with the sniper rifles, it is always there. Sniper rifles are fine the way they are and they have their place. You have game modes where you need an Sniper overwatch. I played Demolition last night and broke out my sniper rifle. I killed the opposing teams sniper several times, and managed to stop the other team from stopping my teammates from planting and blowing the bomb on one of the targets. Now, I was still sniped occassionally by the other sniper, but we both had our place in the match. Snipers have their place in matches and in games; so just get over it.

Level 12

in reply to jimmymccloud

There are no rules to adhere to. People buy the game and can play it how they like and thats how it should be. If a player wants to sit in one position all game so what? Do something about it SHOOT em lol Why keep running into them if their such crap players?

Sniping is a skill (albeit an easier one in BO2) and can really help in tactical games like domination. The team gets the win and the points. Don't see a problem in that TBH.

Level 4

in reply to jimmymccloud

The lag in this game is nothing like MW3, its much worse.

As for camping, im ok with people doing it. If you have no balls and suck you're probably best off sitting behind a crate.

LOL@ "Tactical"

Level 3

in reply to jimmymccloud

There is a difference between sniping and camping. A camper users a close to mid range weapon and sits, waiting for an easy target to come along. A sniper has to stay put because it's how sniping is supposed to work. It takes too long to ADS, it takes time to settle in on a target and fire an accurate shot. For a sniper to be affective, they have to kill quickly and with as few shots as possible. The fewer shots a sniper fires, the less likely there are to be spotted; and as long as they aren't spotted, they can continue to snipe from the same spot, but eventually they will have to move and being a good sniper mixes in that ability to get quick kills and knowing when they need to find a new sniping spot.

Level 12

in reply to jimmymccloud

Sniping would be fun in this game but Spy Plane ruins most of the fun when even Ghost doesn't work for snipers. They really should allow ghost hide you when you are a sniper.

Level 1

Studios