"I'm not camping, I'm a sniper"

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

"I'm not camping, I'm a sniper"

I'm tired of people using THAT as an excuse to camp. YES, it is effective to stay all the way in the back and pick people off, but I consider that campng. My buddy who always uses a sniper rifle can be a good example of a good sniper. He runs to different areas and only stays in those areas for a certain amount of time. Anyone who has decent aiming can camp in the back with a sniper rifle. Respect to the real snipers who know how to switch up to the perfect locations to always get a surprise kill. Snipers are suppose to be stealthy/hidden. That doesnt mean stay in the back and surround the area with shocks and bettys lol

This isn't a rant. I'm just curious if theres anyone else who notice the same thing. Not like this hasn't been going on in other CODs lol

And dont come in here talking about that quickscoping nonsence. Thats not a sniper. Thats just a trend for kids IMO. I'm straight run and gun.

Level 2
15 REPLIES

Re: "I'm not camping, I'm a sniper"

in reply to kaotickas

You can go around and not run into the crosshairs of the sniper right? If he is camping then he is an easy target if you go around him. Just be smart and dont run into the same place if there is a sniper there. And quickscoping is a good choice to make with a sniper if you can do it right and time your shots and position yourself well. I'm sorry but this isn't real life so there is no real sniper. Its just different play styles. There are different play styles and no play style is the correct playstyle. If you get mad at a camper then stop running into his bullets. Easy.

Level 1

in reply to acohuo011

It doesn't make it easy when they are covering grounds that EVERYONE is running through and killing him would only make me feel good. Most snipers just use tactical insertion and let the camping repeat. I love going 1v1 with a sniper. THATS easy, but when you're playing with a bunch of people, 1 camping sniper hidden in his spawn surrounded by his whole team can be pretty hard to kill. I mean hey, if it gets them kills, whatever. I just don't get how people do it. It's super boring and no skill is needed.

And just because there is no correct playstyle doesn't mean their arent "cheesy" playstyles. Camping playstyles. 

Level 2
Highlighted

in reply to kaotickas

kaotickas wrote:

I'm tired of people using THAT as an excuse to camp. YES, it is effective to stay all the way in the back and pick people off, but I consider that campng. My buddy who always uses a sniper rifle can be a good example of a good sniper. He runs to different areas and only stays in those areas for a certain amount of time. Anyone who has decent aiming can camp in the back with a sniper rifle. Respect to the real snipers who know how to switch up to the perfect locations to always get a surprise kill. Snipers are suppose to be stealthy/hidden. That doesnt mean stay in the back and surround the area with shocks and bettys lol

This isn't a rant. I'm just curious if theres anyone else who notice the same thing. Not like this hasn't been going on in other CODs lol

And dont come in here talking about that quickscoping nonsence. Thats not a sniper. Thats just a trend for kids IMO. I'm straight run and g

Moving or not moving makes no difference in pegging someone to a name! Stay in one area, or move it makes no difference. The player makes the difference.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to kaotickas

it's a legit tactic. They're helping the team by collecting their scorestreaks.

There is a way around it. Just flank'em.

Level 4

in reply to monsterwafflez

If only some people knew that was possible v_v

Level 2

in reply to kaotickas

There is an old saying: if you die by a sniper once, fair game. If you die by that same sniper twice, it's suspicious. If you die by that same sniper again, you are the noob.

Saying doesn't really add up, but you get the point.

Level 5

in reply to kaotickas

It's like this in every camp or die title.

You have to understand that a large part of the cod community is immature.

Some people are afraid to run and gun, while others foolishly think waiting for their prey

Is the best way to become the top scorer.

There is a difference which you did mention though.

Camping is hiding in dark corners with betties/claymores/shock charges ect.

Finding cover to avoid gun fire is legit.

As for snipers, not everyone wants to play aggresively, and or cannot quickscope like some users can.

That said I still agree that staying in one position is uncalled for.

Even so, you should only be killed once by that "camper".

If you take the same path into their crosshairs, fall into their trap continuously you are to blame.

Take your time and play tactically.

Level 2

in reply to Alias612

Thanks for being the only one who understood what i was trying to say.

Level 2

in reply to kaotickas

Sniping and staying in one place sort of go hand in hand. If the guy is too dumb to move to a different spot every few minutes then he's just an easy kill. I'd rather have snipers that stay in one spot than the "snipers" who run around with their dual wield secondaries all game long OR the so called sniper who sits in a corner and aims at the main entrance to a room. QS is still annoying but its part of the game and I don't run into them too often.

Level 13

Studios