maybe the ps3 and xbox just can't keep up?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: maybe the ps3 and xbox just can't keep up?

in reply to Ghamorra

I do agree with what you are saying but the RAM issue is a huge one imo.

Level 7

in reply to augkash

My flatmate has an XBox and I have been playing the new maps on it. It is just as laggy on XBox as it is on the PS3.

Level 12
Highlighted

in reply to augkash

To those having frame rate issues - have you tried dropping your PS3 to max output of 720p - I did this for Black Ops 1 and it helped that flawed game quite a bit - so I just left it on that setting.  Does not effect the graphic quality at all - just might save your PS3 from trying to "upscale" everything.

Level 24

in reply to augkash

augkash wrote:

I just wonder if that has anything to do with lag. The ps3 is getting old. Maybe things will be better when ps4 and xbox720 come out

Interesting idea but I do not think its the PS3 or xbox's capabilities to handle these games. I really think its just poor programing or half a--s programing.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Izjar11

Yep...

People just need to ask themselves very basic questions:

What came in BO1 when the games went to the crapper: Theatre, mass amounts of in-game stats, worldwide matchmaking etc...

MW2 (and pre) still play excellent today. The games did not get better, just more involved with what was stated above.

As well, other games get better and better and still run great on the PS3 (pointing directly at SONY exclusives, and games that come out on the PS3).  People think that COD is the only game on the planet... sad.. 

Activision Ambassador

in reply to augkash

Sony stated only a few months ago that developers dont even use the PS3 to 50% of its capability so i doubt its that, its more likely due to the fact the the call of duty franchise is rushed as they only get 2 years to produce each game.

Level 7

in reply to BLACKDOG1111

You could be right, companies like Ubisoft actually put effort and time into their games which is why their games are quite good. But even so, Treyarch should've fixed the problem by now with the patches, unless they are still learning.

Level 2

in reply to En1gma_C0d1ng

Tell that to the people who bought ghost recon future soldier...

Level 11

Studios