k/d and score per min dropped in blops 2 + not playing well? What do you think the reason is?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: k/d and score per min dropped in blops 2 + not playing well? What do you think the reason is?

in reply to gamer4years

heres an idea, try setting up different classes for different gametypes/maps this is what I have done.

I am not saying that it is soley down to lag but it is a major factor in the game, the amount of times i watch the kill cam because I shot first but died to see I never shot is incredible. I have played COD since COD 4 and up untill MW3 have never seen lag problems like this. Treyarch do have a tendency of fixing problems given enough time (as they did in BO1) but the fact that DV is denying there is a problem means that this will not go away.

I also understand that people are getting better but I was one of those players, getting better managing to consistantly get to the top of the in game leaderboards, but now I find it difficult to get a run of half decent games let alone consistantly get to the top of the leaderboards. I do not care about K.D I just want to win.

As for the campers, this isn't camping its getting map control (unless its FFA or TDM) in order to win the game.

Level 9

Re: k/d and score per min dropped in blops 2 + not playing well? What do you think the reason is?

in reply to crosby85

Excellent point about dying without realizing you have been getting shot (and watching the killcam to see you were getting sprayed and then it shows you shooting).

Just to clarify, no issue with map control or defending.  I just noticed the maps have so many places where people just crouch, point down a hallway or open space, and wait for people to walk by.  There are (in my opinion) less flanking routes than I would like see to offset that.  Again, some of that makes sense just seems like there is more of it.

Level 7

in reply to bhav11

I have to disagree with you about the maps. I think they build them thinking about new players and smart campers.

Level 8

in reply to bhav11

This game has like two fun maps, mw3 maps are far beyond better than these. Still havent found a map as fun as dome or seatown

Level 7

in reply to bhav11

Yup, I'm having a very difficult time going positive. I look at the weapons I get killed with the most... SMG's, particularly the MP7... oh weill.

Level 13

in reply to bhav11

I've noticed this as well.  I checked out my k/d from the past three games and notice a significant drop. 

Blackops 3.84

MW3 2.65

Blackops 2 2.09

It could be that I just suck in this game (likely) than other factors such as lag, SMG's etc.  I find myself losing more 1 vs 1 gun battles than I have ever done before.  I honestly don't know which gun to run with because it doesn't really seem to matter.  Not an excuse because I'd be the first to admit when I suck at something and with BO 2, I seem to be average than anything and I haven't been this bad since ..... maybe MW1 and even then I had a 2.5 or something..

Level 9

in reply to dalger22

At least you still have over 2.00, mine is trailing at 1.65 (I had over 2.00 in the last 3 CODs, 2.26 in MW3)

Level 5
Highlighted

in reply to bhav11

I've been playing black ops 2 since release and I've noticed that I havn't been playing well i.e. seem to lose more gunfights and just generally not doing well

There are many issues currently at stake, nothing though is consistent enough to guarantee a balance fight.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to bhav11

chris_mogzy wrote:

At least you still have over 2.00, mine is trailing at 1.65 (I had over 2.00 in the last 3 CODs, 2.26 in MW3)

I was around 2.51 in the first week of the game...since then, it has gone waaaay down.  I think I'm at the point where I've realized that it won't get much better.

Level 9

in reply to dalger22

My connection has been laggy since release and so I have had a s**t K.D from the start I am slowly climbing up and currently at 1.1 so how people are complaining that they are only at 2 makes me laugh, it is not the be all and end all, its about the team winning, even if you go negative who cares!!

Level 9

Studios