do you find BO2 unplayable after 1.06?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: do you find BO2 unplayable after 1.06?

in reply to sstang1

sstang1 wrote:

I was also seeing these lag spikes a skipping (jerky) gameplay as well.  Seems to be a new thing post 1.06

It was really only happening while playing with a friend in the Caribbean, thing was prior to 1.06 his connection was great.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Izjar11

I live in the Caribbean and I cannot connect to any MP games AT ALL but zombies and custom games work just fine! Just WTF is wrong with that O_o?

Level 1

in reply to usaid98

Patch 1.06 introduced a feature where you are not matched with people outside your continent unless you choose Any-search preference. This might be the reason, i guess there are not that many people playing near you so try to change your search preference by pressing square before you choose the game type in MP.

Level 22

in reply to benjaminainsley

I had a couple of bad games last night but for the most part I did quite well.  So I'd say that it's definitely no worse and likely better for me.  But it's only been one night and generally after the patch has time to get around to everyone, things tend to change.  So I'll reserve my finally judgement until next week.

Level 69

I've only played for about an hour since 1.06 came out and gave up due to laggy game after laggy game can't really remember if it was always like this (been over 3 weeks since I played this game for over an hour) so I can't really say if 1.06 has made things better or worse.

Level 23

well for me the 1.06 update is good for me the only probs am having is that my hardened edition camo dise not stay on my guns

Level 4

same old same old for me, ghosts appearing from knowhere, apparantley i cant see someone standing 5 foot to the right of me, happened all to often again last night, so no different same bull, guess this is another cod i can write off as horrible to play i expect this is as good as it gets, further cements my commitment to not buying dlc.

Level 3

Same for me too.  Patch didn't address any of the major issues that make the game unplayable for so many of us.

On the plus side, we have a new "Host Migration" screen to look at every match.

Level 29

in reply to Highwayman0226

hahaha i was going to mention the new host migration screen, noticed the text has shrunk a fair bit, so in that respect yeah that was different.

Level 3

It depended on the lobby for me. FIrst game after, I got killed pretty fast no big deal, next death I shot first, so I watched the kill cam.  Didn't even show me shooting, quit.  Next lobby, obvious advantage for a hour.  Top of TDM leaderboard every match, watch three guys all shooting at me, and yet I killed all three. Come on that's impossible. After about 6 games it showed host migration, and went back to not showing me shooting. Quit after that game for the night.

Level 4

Studios