can't believe black ops 2 hardcore isn't ricochet lol

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: can't believe black ops 2 hardcore isn't ricochet lol

in reply to cookiedood

3 tks and boot is how hardcore should be,

Back when vahn was discussing the changes to the hc playlists in blops1 he asked the hc community about maybe adding richochet as they (3arc) had never used it the over whelming response then was no, when Iw knee jerked ric on us in mw3 , changing it back was  the most requested change in hc from the community.

Level 75

in reply to Maccabi

I prefer non-ricochet boots, but it does make your killstreak choices very difficult.  It would be nice if streaks did not contribute to TKs.

If maps were huge you could coordinate an attack, but I remember in BO1 if you got a chopper or carpet bomb, it was an almost guaranteed boot.

Off-Topic: MY GAME IS EN ROUTE!!!

Activision Ambassador

This really doesn't concern me that much.  Just means you need to pick and choose which scorestreaks you are going to stick with. 

Off topic: My status also reads shipped, I wonder if I will get it today?!?!

Level 31

in reply to wridtrvlr

off - topic: I do not expect mine today as it is a government holiday so there is no mail delivery (unless of course it is being shipped by courier... but then I still will not get it before this eve as they will have to take it off the truck)

on - topic:  Yeah never been an issue for me either as I choose defensive/low KS in HC...

Activision Ambassador

in reply to Maccabi

I would much prefer Ricohet to actually being booted for TK's.

There are many times when I am shooting and an idiot decides to step into my line of fire to try and steal the kill, or just isn't paying attention ... why should I be booted out my game & lose all my hard earned stats for someone elses fault.

Although, I would say that it does prevent the idiot who decide to RPG his/her own team at the start of a match just because he/she is a troll/idiot

Level 3

in reply to acemcl_1969

acemcl_1969 wrote:

I would much prefer Ricohet to actually being booted for TK's.

There are many times when I am shooting and an idiot decides to step into my line of fire to try and steal the kill, or just isn't paying attention ... why should I be booted out my game & lose all my hard earned stats for someone elses fault.

Although, I would say that it does prevent the idiot who decide to RPG his/her own team at the start of a match just because he/she is a troll/idiot

richochet has equal problems

imo the three tk rule is alot fairer. it will remove the team tk muppets off the bat,

But to give you some food for thought with the points you raised..

You mentioned stats with rochochet people walking into your fire reduces your k/d as you die everytime it happens.

the worst that can happen with the 3 tk rule is you get a loss which is alot easier to negate in one game.

The point of hc is to check your fire and not throw nades willy nilly ect, while each system (3 tk and rich) has its pros and cons both affect the player whose fire is walked into

and to be honest its very rare imo to find yourself booted under a 3 tk rule f you play smart

*disclaimer im not saying either opinion is right or wrong as both are right

Level 75

in reply to Maccabi

You say the worst that can happen is a loss but, and feel free to correct me if i'm wrong, don't you lose other stats like kills v death and weapon improvements.

If the worst is a loss, then I understand your comment and agree, to an extent.

HC does control how you shoot & what you do with Nades etc, probably why I enjoy it so and why I'm so peeved that they have introduced only 4 game types for us !!

Level 3

in reply to acemcl_1969

Can you elaborate on which game types are there at the moment.

That would be interesting to know.

Activision Ambassador

NP's .. I did a quick summry in another thread but here goes ...

Hardcore = FFA, CTF, S&D & TDM

Core ... everything we are used to including HQ, TDM, S&D, CTF, various mosh pits .. also Hardpoint, and a few others I can't remember right now.

Level 3

in reply to acemcl_1969

Damnit. No HC for me!

(I only play Dom, FFA (sometimes), and HQ in HC)

*sigh*  why 3ARC... WHY!!!!!?!??!

(lol)

Activision Ambassador

Studios