another FAL nerf?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: another FAL nerf?

in reply to Ghamorra

They did such a good job with weapon balance, people have to look harder to cry OP.  So logic need not apply.

Level 29

in reply to ColdChilln88

People who cry about nerfing guns are obviously ignorant kids who suck at the game, don't have the skills or coordination to play a FPS type game and need to stick with pokemon LOL!

Level 6

in reply to ColdChilln88

Well, the FAL with select fire was definitely overpowered. Fastest time to kill any range, super accurate (even now they only added vertical recoil, super easy to control), and the main problem was its ability to consistently outgun SMG's at close range. The pro gaming community was actually complaining about it and MLG banned the select fire FAL because it was OP. Treyarch also noticed this, but they nerfed it the wrong way.

By making it less accurate, they made it so only people with decent / good aim can use it. Put it in the hands of an average pub noob and he won't be able to do anything with it. I can still use it fine. I can hit longrange shots no problem with it. They should've nerfed the damage, the time to kill, especially close range. They should've removed its ability to kill in 1 shot to the head when in fully auto as well.

That being said, I really enjoy the weapon balance in this game. Although the MP7 and Vector are still completely useless compared to the MSMC

Level 12

in reply to WiseguyFTL

If they nerf the damage, they might as well delete it from the game.  If this gun was so OP, it wouldn't be #13 on my most killed by list (134 times).  Not sure who is getting outgunned by this in close quarters when they have a smg, unless it's hardcore.  In my experience, this gun is WAY more rewarding to use as a semi, rather than putting select fire on it.  You use less ammo and more of your bullets connect, giving you the kill faster.

Level 29

in reply to Highwayman0226

Outgunning smg's close range, those aren't my words. They're actually the words of Fear Sharpy, a pro gamer. I can't find the video right now, but his YT channel is Thesharptube. Many other pros have complained about it, and they all have about equal reaction times + they all have near-perfect aim, so they know which guns are good and which ones aren't. And they all agreed the fal needs to go.

I love it on semi-auto as well. It's still great any range. Mid-range enemies just don't win gunfights against it.

Level 12

in reply to WiseguyFTL

I wouldn't call a YouTuber a pro. They're just people who can fool little kids into thinking their videos aren't staged

Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

HAHAHA I had to laugh when I read this. He's a 2x national champion (him and Mutation are the only people who accomplished this), won multiple MLG evens on LAN, is on Team FeaR, one of the biggest & oldest gaming organizations out there. He officially has pro status (you get pro status by placing Top 8 once or top 16 twice in major LAN events) so your comment is ridiculous. "I wouldn't call a youtuber a pro" of course not, but he was a pro first and then became a youtuber, not the other way

Level 12

in reply to WiseguyFTL

Its a general observation. Sure there are great gamers out there with YouTube channels, but most videos I watch are just ordinary people who aren't good at the game but manage a few thousand Subs. They preach how something is stupid or OP and their cult following automatically agrees

Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

I agree. But those are pubstompers. People who go for 100+ kills in public matches, which is fun to watch, but doesn't take a lot of skill if you play against players with no hands I barely watch those people, I only watch the REAL pro's and their YT channels. They post competitive footage, pro team vs pro team, which to me is 100x more enjoyable to watch. Some pros I follow: Phizzurp, Scump, Sharp, Moho, Nadeshot, Merk, Proofy, John, Lyar etc. Those are all 10000x better than the "well-known" cod youtubers like markofj, sandy ravage etc. who really aren't all that good. I respect your opinion, but I like to watch beast gameplay with maybe a team listen-in instead of commentary, but that's just my opinion. I learn way more about the game from those vids.

Level 12

in reply to Ghamorra

I dont make many but i normally cut together gameplays from a few games and maps and overlay some good music, i generally find most people who comentate over their vids can become a little annoying

Level 67

Studios