ZFFS: Orbs & Rays/Beams - Observation and Manipulation (A Tranzit Phenomenon)

Call of Duty Black Ops II Zombies

ZFFS: Orbs & Rays/Beams - Observation and Manipulation (A Tranzit Phenomenon)

What is an orb?

• "Orb's" refer to an object that appears after the "Tower of Babble" achievement is completed for Tranzit.
  • This object is made up of small spherical lights which circulate rapidly around a center point.

What is a Ray?

• A "Ray" refers to a beam of light that are projected from the Orb.
  • Much like Orb's, they appear in Blue or Red. When mixed a Purple/pink color is made.

Where do they appear?

• These objects can be found in any ee activated lamppost, box location, and/or 4 "Red Morse Code" blinking lights.
  • Other location's of the smaller spheres and beams include the Tower itself after activation, Power (lab room) when releasing "HIM" and also at the laundrymat door.

Why are they important?

This is an activated phenomenon which has not been solved. We know in the EE these orb's play an important role with the Tower which then gives you a free Power-Up. The process and reason for these event's after the EE have yet to be discovered, this means you could be the one to solve a side quest that has baffled everyone!

How can I help?

We need Game-play of activated "Red Morse Code" locations, this is fundamental in analyzing the real reason for there existence. Every game that is acquired and reviewed through theater is another step towards understanding them. Game break-down's are done like the following,

User: KeredNomrah69

Console: Xbox 360

GameType: Public Match

Character's Present: St,Mi(DN),Ru,Ma(Orb)(TN)

Orb Activated:Laundrymat/Jug Streelight(M)

Tower:R/M

Gameplay Details:

Round 1Smiley Frustratedtart

1. Ma: Picks up manequin

2. St: Picks up tail & Mi: Picks up fan

3. Ma:builds turbine

4. St:builds turbine

5. Mi:finishes turbine

6. St:buys M14

What should I do?

If you run across one of these orb's then please save your game film in theater mode after and reply on this thread so that someone can review your game in either Xbox or PS3. We will respond immediately and then enter your saved films where we will begin work. Your Gameplay will be entered into our archives which are viewable in the main research thread and credit will be given to the player of the game.

Other Information:

Main Research Thread (The full story)

PTG (Mirror)

Cod-Forums.com (mirror)

ZombieCentral (mirror)

*Original Post*

Hello and thank you for visiting my very first discussion created on this forum.  I am a long time researcher and lover of zombies, it is this reason that I reach out to you here in the hope to find fellow player's who can help.

*Moderator's I am in no way trying to advertise or break forum rules by linking external site's but simply a written thread that cannot be formatted and moved here in it's current state (I tried, BB Code problems)*

In a nut shell I am looking for people who can either provide or save gameplay that they have with Red Morse Code orb's that have been activated.  You do not need to be an EE Hunter to contribute!  If anyone here ever plays Tranzit then please just keep me in mind if you ever activate a Red Morse Code orb.  I am documenting and collecting all gameplay's in an effort to better investigate Tranzit Orb occurence's.

I am on Xbox Live (gt:KeredNomrah69) and can access other live players for there theater where I will anaylze the game to provide a detailed read out.  For PS3 player's I have several contacts which I will provide with there permission when you have gameplay footage for them to review.  For Pc player's please contact me on here by either replying or pming me and I will check this forum atleast a few times a week.

*What I'm looking for!*

This is an example of what I'm doing with the gameplay's.  This is a breakdown of the step-by-step game actions of the most recent Orb sighting.  I've shortened this version for length sake.  The particular Orb's I'm looking for appear at 4 location's.  2 in town on the street light's and 2 on the tower in the cornfield.

Gameplay Orb Activation Archive:

User: KeredNomrah69
Console: Xbox 360
GameType: Public Match
Character's Present: St,Mi(DN),Ru,Ma(Orb)(TN)
Orb Activated:Laundrymat/Jug Streelight(M)
Tower:R/M

Gameplay Details:
Round 1Smiley Frustratedtart
1. MaSmiley Tongueicks up manequin
2. StSmiley Tongueicks up tail & MiSmiley Tongueicks up fan
3. Ma:builds turbine
4. St:builds turbine
5. Mi:finishes turbine
6. St:buys M14
7. Ru:grabs turbine
8. Mi:grabs turbine
9. Round Ends
Pl/Scores/ki/down/re/head
St:450   3   0   0   0
Mi:1150  5   0   0   2
Ru:1230  5   0   0   1
Ma:730   1   0   0   0

Round 2:
1. MiSmiley Sadturbine)opens inner power-needed door
2. Ma:grabs turbine
3. Ma:grabs front bus piece

Round 6:
Ma:grabs/builds power handle/activates power
MaSmiley Sadturbine)activates power-needed door in power
Mi:grabs insta-kill(Ru red insta-kill)
Power fully activated
Ru:hits box(galil,replaces B23R
St:goes down(drops jetengine)
Ru:grabs carpenter
Mi:withdraws 6000 from bank
MiSmiley Surprisedpens bank door

Orb  spotted: Streetlight between laundrymat/jug building.  Red Maxis Orb.   Activated several laundrymat/cafe rays after which both sporadically  traveled to the Orb or the tower.  Failed to test any further things  with the orb.

You do not need to be an EE Hunter to contribute!

I will do the work!  Orb's are such a rare occurence and you can help us all by just sending me a message or replying on here if you see one.  For any of you who wish to take this one step further, I wish to present to you my work which I have been doing since January (thread).  If anyone ever wishes to contribute or help out then please dont hesistate to contact me as I pretty much have all forms of communication and love to talk to other zombie player's. 

Below is what I believe could be the most efficient and easiest way to search for the Orb's.  If anyone has other hint's or suggestion's please post them so I can update this thread so we can help more people out.

*2 Player Team's Needed!*

Currently we need as many 2 player teams as people can provide.  I believe this is possibly the most efficient way of being able to search for the Orb's as explained below.

What you need:

- 2 Player's

- you must have opposite tower's activated compared to eachother(maxis/richtofen)

- 2 controller's with the ability to log-in a guest account/splitscreen.

- The ability to save your game-play/file for review (theater mode save is best)

I'm not sure how this would translate to PC, but regardless it's pretty easy to setup concerning console play.

How it Work's:

Through recent investigation's and continued research into the Orb's and Ray's we have discovered what could lead this into a solid effort and a way to finally go forth.  The mechanic's behind the Orb's are complex but allow us to use the system to our advantage.  It is now known through game-play that if the Orb's are sighted by a player, they will continue to see it through death while spectating another player.

It is important to note how this work's clearly.  If you see any orb, another player cannot see it while spectating your screen, HOWEVER when spectating someone else's screen you will be able to see the Orb while they can't.  Meaning, when you die, a person's screen your spectating is processed after the player views it to include the Orb for your viewing.

The purpose of having both tower's color activated is that different colored orb's may have different step's for activation even if they share the same location. Having both color's on the tower gives the ability to produce both colored orb's.  It is also under the hopes for a sighting of a "Double Colored Orb" at one of the Red Morse Code location's much like we have seen multiple time's at the mystery box (see box orb's and ray's image collection).

Simple and Easy: Start a game with 2 players each having a split-screen guest who will die off at the start of the game.  If both main player's have opposite tower's then Richtofen and Maxis (red/blue) will be present on the tower.  Play the game and after power is cut on check the Tower in cornfield and Streetlight's in town for Orb's.  If you do not see orb's through your screen or the split-screen spectating your own screen, then quit and start again.

Level 1
36 REPLIES

Re: ZFFS: Orbs & Rays/Beams - Observation and Manipulation

in reply to KeredNomrah69

It's good to know someone is still investigating these. Always hoped they meant something. But doing my own investigating a while a go, I came to the conclusion they are just random. My reasoning is because I got a traffic orb a few times in solo, and on two of those occasions I rewatched the game over and over and tried to copy exactly what I did with the same character. Could never duplicate it.

Tried taking out the same amount of money, staring at the laundry doors, buying the knife, using the same light posts, keeping the same zombie alive, anything I could think of that I did. And since I got them in a solo game, I know I was the only factor. Could have been something I missed, but I couldn't think of anything else. So frustratingly concluded they are just random. Though I never got a tower orb so I never got to try duplicating steps for that.

Hope you have better luck then I did.

Level 32

I seem to get them often. Ill send ya something after the next sightings. Good idea!

Level 22

in reply to Zombiefaces

Thanks for the response guys.  I've been trying extensively to replicate the orb's as well Cheesegrater with no luck.  In the long pursuit this is just another step trying to give this a solid effort.  If I can get atleast 10 gameplay's of each orb location and with each different color I hope somewhere in that data we can see some sort of pattern.

I've collected a lot of information that is really useful over the past few month's.  I wont go into a full detail as I've already previously done but there's some really cool thing's that occur and should be taken into consideration. 

The best out of all of it though, orb's are user specific.  This is hardcoded into the game.  If you see an orb then only you will see it.  If someone dies and spectates your screen they will not see the orb.  However, if you die and spectate another screen you will see the orb in that location.  This means the orb's are coded in for your view plus your view of others when spectating and removed when other's view yours.

This is a neat trick when using split screen, by using only 2 players with 2 guest controllers you can see through all of the players eye's when the guests die off and spectate your screen.  You will start to see a lot more box orb's from your screen and the spectating screen at different times.  This is extremely helpful when you can't get 4 people up for an experimenting game.

Level 1

Of the few times I've ever gotten the traffic light orbs, when I've returned to theater to view them they are gone. 

When returning to view the mystery box orbs they would also change in the middle of viewing them!  I would see an orb around a different weapon than I recalled seeing in the actual game.  Then I would rewind it to view it again and it would be gone, only to show up on yet another different weapon.  Even in theater, I couldn't replicate the same orb experience twice.

I'm left with scars on my scalp from all the scratching of my head with these damn orbs!  

I sincerely hope you can figure it out.

Level 22

I've extensively tried everything else in Tranzit- but haven't been able to experiement at all with any lights or orbs: I've not Obeyed the Voices yet

I know all I gotta do is grab a forum chap and say let's boogie...

I have multiple theories about the map, pretty sound ones in my opinion, based on elements that already exist within- most of which I see happening after the drop of the last DLC. But, perhaps not.

It really is a drag how certain components of gameplay do not show up in theater mode.

However, I've been led to most of my theories because of this fact.

One in particular involves the clock in the Diner (ON 4 U); I've found that the other clocks that you can approach in free roam camera mode clip away/allow you to see behind them. Diner clock doesn't do this. Maybe for no reason, due to its neon wrap. I need to experiement more, with at least another person, and would be better to try post-EE.

Also, welcome to this side of zombie madness Kered.

Level 16

Maybe its nothing...... or maybe we must wait til the last DLC drops. but its possible that its definitely something and all I know is maybe.

Level 4

Facts: No such thing as a so called easter egg continuation and there is no such thing as a bus route b heres the deal stop listening to NGTzombies they just do this for teh youtube monayyy oh wait this is a forum for all them jelly scrubs talking shit about people who are making sense.

Level 1

in reply to Bestzambieplaye

You had a roll 'til ya got all excited like. Wait, NGT has a vid about the continuation? I thought that was my idea... Facts: you expressed opinions and carried them with other 'words' in one beautiful, incomplete sentence. What's a jelly scrub?

Level 16

in reply to Bestzambieplaye

Really surprised and somewhat confused by that statement lol.  You have some elements of observation in there including the way youtube works and you acknowledge forums tend to more flame war then actually provide co-operation.  However, I never mention an EE continuation or another bus route.  I'm not a big youtuber/attention getter so I'm not really worried about anything because this is just fun for me.

Now, before a flame war does break out I just want to make clear that I've in no way ever stated what these orb's will do or if they do anything at all.  What we do know is that they activate, even if randomly.  I feel the simple game mechanics of most aspect's have been neglected because of there complexity.  We have perma-perks that still confuse, ranking system that frustrates, random orbs that make no sense, etc etc.  Also with the navcard/returning issue, if there is a continuation from another DLC that will effect Tranzit then it might be best to solve all the mysteries ahead of time so were not stuck back to square 1.

I like fact, so let's stick with that.  There are orb's.  They appear sometimes, other times they do not.  This is a game, someone coded and programmed all that is happening.  Whether they are programmed with a random counter (like the mystery box) or not, I'm going to try my hardest to find out and the only way for that is through experimenting and showing real proof/test results.

Also I've gotta say this is a pretty amazing forum.  I expected negativitey from the start but instead the community showed hospitality and you guys are beasts with views (almost 700 views in 12 hours? my original research thread is still under 2k lol).  But again, thank's for the warmth guys.  It makes doing this feel like less grunt work and more of a community effort.

Level 1

Studios