Your best line of defence : return the game

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Your best line of defence : return the game

Obvioulsy something went wrong with Call of Duty Black Ops 2. Not only does the multiplayer not work in Canada, now the game isn't working at all on my PS3 (post update). And from the little I played, BO2 is pretty much a money grab. The actual game is just the same old thing. So really the only new thing are the multiplayer maps (expensive when you think that a World of Warfare map update is 14.99 and this game cost 59.99).

Anyway, I'll be returning this mess of a non-working game on Monday for a refund.

Disappointed. Especially since this creep of a Company doesn't seem to want to give anybody an honest status on the situation.

John.

Level 1
18 REPLIES
Highlighted

Re: Your best line of defence : return the game

in reply to Johndothesecond

you wont get a refund on the game genius its already opened.

Level 4

in reply to heighton86

Actually you are wrong (and no need for the attitude really, we're all in this together). Laws in Quebec (yes, that's where I live) are quite clear concerning defective merchandise. Open or not, a defective product is a defective product.

Level 1

The "game shops" are smart to this stupid game. They're not going to buy it back because they're going to get 50% or more returns now with this piece of shit. If they do buy it, you'll get <30-40 bucks on it. You're better off selling it on ebay or craigslist, and hope that some moron out there still thinks this game is "the next big thing" - and will buy it without reading the feedback and reviews.

Level 2

in reply to frustratEd11

You are probably right, unfortunately. It would be a rather interesting experiment to take this all the way (if someone had the time and money to hire lawyers). I.e. where is the line on a product being defective as it pertains to the video gaming industry?

Level 1

Well the sad thing is - as consumers you now have less power than ever before due to the power corporations hold. They make you "agree to terms" which you dont have a choice on.

For instance with these games - you only pay (legally) for the offline play. Its out of their good heart (legally) that they allow you to play online. If the online thing is broken, they dont have any legal obligation to fix it or be held responsible.

Level 2

Any product sold that is not fit for purpose can be returned for a full refund.

Level 1

in reply to munnkeymagic

good point:  i would think the game could be characterized as DEFECTIVE if approx. 5 days after release date numerous ps3 consumers are unable to play 2/3 of the game (i.e. zombies and multiplayer).  I guess they were just rushing under a strict deadline to put the game out.  hopefully patch version 1.04 will fix a lot of the issues. 

Level 1

in reply to munnkeymagic

It's pretty clear all they did was port it over from Xbox and changed the various lines of code to make it Ps3...and that was it.

No game should be locking up, freezing, crashing, and causing HDD failure...much less one fresh out of the box. Whatever happened to games being finished on release?

I don't recall ever having to return an atari, nintendo, genesis...etc game because it wasn't even completed.

60 bucks should = a finished....playable game. NOT a game that might be playable and might not kill your PS3 3 or 4 months down the road.

What confuses me more is why so many of you pre-ordered/rushed out on release night to get this game after what happened with Black Ops1? Did you not expect this kind of thing again?

I sure as hell did..and didn't buy it yet. Knew this was going to happen.

Level 1

in reply to HuskyArmada

I didnt have a single issue with black ops 1. MW3 sucked but i figured treyarch would learn from infinity ward's mistakes...apparently not

Level 2

Studios