You were not tricked. There was no "bait n switch." You all assumed.

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: You were not tricked. There was no "bait n switch." You all assumed.

in reply to c5satellite

No you haven't. It was a bonus. People who didn't preorder paid the same price as you did.

Like you said, "any person would believe..." Believe on what? You assumed of what it is. You still have the map, no one has taken it away from you. If they deleted the map from your system then you can cry foul, the situation that's happening right now is because of scumbag behavior.

Level 4

in reply to guydude21

You have a point there and now i hope treyarch loses a lot of money when noody buys their eason pass or dlc.

Level 1
Highlighted

in reply to guydude21

I did not pre order and got nuketown.I did assume the since it says on the back of the box nuketown 2025 bonus map included and and insert in the box that I could play it like any other maps for xp.The scumbag behavior part I fully agree with its like we bought this game from a shady used car salesman.

Level 5

in reply to guydude21

You can assume that there reason for removing it was that it was never meant to be a multiplayer map but they never mentioned this in the commercials or anything else. They said if you pre order the game you get the 2025 nuketown map. Hell, they even lied about that because others have come out saying the code was in non pre order games as well. They keep screwing us over. It's like the abusive husband and the wife that never leaves. They screwed PS3 users with the ELITE, then they screwed everyone over with making it free. Then couldn't even handle the amount of customers playing the game the first couple of days even after going through it with every release of every game once again. Then had connection and freezing problems. You would think after how many successful games they have made, they would be prepared and release a fixed and working game.

Level 13

in reply to mike030270

Couldnt have said it better myself. If i knew the codes were gonna be in the none pre order games i never would have wasted $80 on the hardened edition or the pre order itself and now it doesnt matter because we cant play nuketown on multiplayer.

Level 1

in reply to guydude21

Easy solution: just stop playing the game.

If you're pissed off about this blatantly unethical behavior, hit them where it hurts.  Crying and moaning about filing complaints (which will go nowhere) or suing (no lawyer in their right mind would take the case) will do nothing, nor will promising not to buy a game which won't be released for another 2 years anyway (if at all).  Most retailers won't allow you to return it for anything more than a store credit, and few will even allow that.  So...stop playing.

Idle threats which will never amount to anything do nothing.  Seeing their customer base (i.e., profits) suddenly stop using their product will.  If you can't go 24 hours without playing then how are they supposed to feel threatened by your vow to never buy anything Treyarch again?  But if those servers which they were so proud to fill up over the weekend suddenly start running at 20% of those numbers (or less), that's something which gets attention.

I don't just want Nuketown 2025 put back into standard multiplayer playlists.  I want that, and I want an apology.  From Treyarch and from Activision, to all of us who gave them a f**king new sales record and who were rewarded for that by having the one reason many of us bought it on day one taken away from us.  Permitting us to play the map in a private match, which thereby requires after the fact that we convince friends to make a required purchase that is no longer possible, is not honoring the agreement which was offered.

Delete this thread, too, I don't care.  I'm done here.

Level 26

in reply to Harv72

Good job man tell it how it is.

Level 1

in reply to Harv72

i honestly think black ops is not black ops without nuketown

Level 1

in reply to al1--98

Nope which is why everybody pre ordered it and then once we purchase they take it away and its too late. complete bs.

Level 1

in reply to guydude21

Agreed, the map was a free bonus for those that pre-ordered the game.

It was never stated how long it would be in the playlist that it was released in people just assumed it was a permanent addition in the public playlists.

The map is still available to those who are entitled to have it just not in the position it started in.

The software is wholly owned by the developing companies and they just give you a limited licence to use it, you dont own it they do and they retain all the rights to it.

They could have handled the situation better by pre-advising people a few days ago that they were going to move the map to another part of the game, but they are within their rights to move it as the owners of the software

Level 67

Studios