You've had some time to play the game, so how do you like the Scorestreak system?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: You've had some time to play the game, so how do you like the Scorestreak system?

in reply to Ghamorra

Love the system just wish uav, and counter uav were lowered. Personally, since they are higher Id love for them to be stackable. That is the one problem with the current "score"streak system and was also a problem in mw3.

Level 6

Re: You've had some time to play the game, so how do you like the Scorestreak system?

in reply to Ghamorra

I prefered MW3 style.

I like this but I don't think its made any kind of differance. People still play Dom like a TDM and can just capture the flag ocasionally when the spawns flip so nothings really changed.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to Ghamorra

i can fire blanks all game and still earn streaks and finish top of the lobby.

ill be happy if they even widen the points scored or go the MW3 way with assault and support class.

let them kill whores pick assault and camp there ass off for their high streaks only to have me as a support objective player  stealth bomb their camping ass and take out any kill streak with my awesome EMP.

that sir what the best thing to happen to the streak system.

the rage ingame and on the forum about EMP and stealth bomber not supposed to be a support streak was priceless hahahhaa.

Level 27

in reply to Ghamorra

Have no issue with Killstreaks/scorestreaks apart from in this game you get killed by your own reward. What's that about ? You work to achieve a scorestreak bonus and it wipes you out ! Thinking about it the only people who would be against scorestreaks are run arounds who by the style of play would be very lucky to attain the higher awards.

Level 14

in reply to Ghamorra

I much prefer the BO2 system over 1for1 killstreaks

Although I enjoyed MW2, the dumbest thing I have ever seen is someone getting 7 gun kills, and winning a game (I used to play DOM all the time in MW2, and nothing was more frustrating than losing a match when you were up 170-50* and someone managed to string 7 kills**)

* an example, but typical

** 7 kills = Harrier which easily got 4 kills for a Chopper Gunner which more than often led to a Nuke.

Question: Is the purpose of this thread to discuss

- which system one prefers

- the abolishment of streaks altogether

(I have seen both arguments and not sure which to respond to, so I picked one)

Picking the other:

Many people say they would like how it was (3 streaks, done)... be on the whole, if they did that, more people would be pissed that the series went backwards as opposed to the number of people who wanted it back that way.  For that reason, I doubt that would ever happen (I would be very surprised if they did it)

Activision Ambassador

in reply to Ghamorra

I love the scorestreak system. Hope it continues in future cod games.

Level 19

in reply to Ghamorra

I love it simply because there is no reward for sucking at the game.

Level 13
Highlighted

in reply to Ghamorra

I like the new system.  The only thing that I miss is being able to customize my scorestreaks for each class.  Removing that was a big step back in my opinion but I do like that you get credit for playing objectives now.  It hasn't changed how I play because I always did play objectives but I appreciate the reward.

Level 69

in reply to phxs72

Good call about customizing them for each class. That was nice.

Level 19

in reply to Ghamorra

imo, the scorestreak system is one of the better things that this game has. I love it.

But it doesn't help people go for the objective. I think it was you G' that posted a thread about spectating and does it amaze you. Well the more I spectate in dom, the more i see players not playing the objective and/or boosters

Level 23

Studios