You have so much to learn from your enemies!!!

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: You have so much to learn from your enemies!!!

in reply to Izjar11

I've learned that there's way too many windows/corners/rooms to camp. Was hoping there would be a little less camping. I'm not a big rusher and do take my time running around the maps and it is frustrating how many times you get killed by someone in a window or head glitching......

Level 4

in reply to Izjar11

Use theater mode!!!

You can learn so much about what you're doing wrong by taking the time to go back at the end of your session and replay the games there.  Often-times it's things as simple as running around a corner when you should have known there was an enemy there, missing a dot on the minimap, or failing to realize that when the two teammates you had on your left got killed it meant you were about to be flanked.

Plus, if you take the time to play back the game through some of the other players' eyes you'll discover some great movement routes & head-glitches/firing positions.  And you'll be amazed at how often you find that the "camper" who killed you was actually rushing the entire game, but paused for a second because he recognized that you were coming while you failed to realize he was there.

Level 26

in reply to Harv72

Harv72 wrote:

Use theater mode!!!

You can learn so much about what you're doing wrong by taking the time to go back at the end of your session and replay the games there.  Often-times it's things as simple as running around a corner when you should have known there was an enemy there, missing a dot on the minimap, or failing to realize that when the two teammates you had on your left got killed it meant you were about to be flanked.

Plus, if you take the time to play back the game through some of the other players' eyes you'll discover some great movement routes & head-glitches/firing positions.  And you'll be amazed at how often you find that the "camper" who killed you was actually rushing the entire game, but paused for a second because he recognized that you were coming while you failed to realize he was there.

This ^^ is a good post, I have only played 3 hours of BLOPs because of work. But I did go through all my recent games where I was just dying and dying and actually could see the reasons why I was being owned. I was not thinking in game. It takes time to analyze your games. But if you have a couple of hours to kill, you do get to know your enemy and the art of war.

Level 31

in reply to Harv72

Great response, thanks for this important tip.

Yes, the word has become (in my eyes) a word used to describe your own excuse. Your assesment is correct.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Izjar11

I don't tend to learn much from enemies. Most situations I die in are in either out numbered or have the wrong tools for the job. I've found watching guys do well on YouTube who succeed in the situations I fail is a much better way to learn. That's just me personally, but after being barely positive 2 days into the game I've brought myself up to a 1.4 KD, so I'd say its working out

Level 7

in reply to DBL281

DBL --------- thanks for posting here.

Youtube is another good source, to view new vantage points and game combos that don't fail.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

Studios