Will they be lowering the price for Season Pass?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: Will they be lowering the price for Season Pass?

in reply to stumcgru1

Defo not buying until

1. I see improvements to gameplay, lag etc

2. I see the maps on youtube and decide they are decent.

3. Price drops

They basically hold back maps so they can sell them to you when you get bored of the limited set they release it with. It's a huge con given the number of maps release initially and the cost of additional maps, they've basically tried to create a £80 game, and created an expensive DLC market that really shouldn't exist.

All the launch day COD's have had a "snow map" and what do you know, they've added that to the first DLC, it's not even subtle anymore.When companies are obviously fleecing you, I have little sympathy for them when people find ways to rip them off (piracy etc)

Level 7

in reply to wec2010

They wont reduce the price at first as they will hope demand is high

I remember Treyarch tactics from previous DLC like World at War, it's like buying the game twice.

They would have to PAY ME to take it off their hands, but in truth I may buy a few if the game is improved and/or the price is reduced, but the season pass! Not a chance

This is the point where the PS3 community could really teach Activision a lesson, if the maps are not sold widely the price will drop rapidly ( simple economics)

The choice is yours.

Level 20

in reply to WolfRidge

Not buying it

Level 4

in reply to WolfRidge

Well done and well said...

I also am a DLC whore, but I am miffed about the HE/Season Pass/NTZ crap.  I also fear that if I buy the season pass, and many do not buy it (or separate DLC packs), they will drop the price.

I am not in the mood to waste more $$$ buy thinking I am getting a good deal up front.  A bit of history (from recent past):

1 - BO1: Last DLC was 1 map (if you had W@W everything else was rehashed). So imagine if you had pre-bought the DLC (and did not like zombies... ouch!)

2 - MW3: Elite was $50. But one could have bought the DLC for $45 (if they waited for it to go on sale). Ouch!

3 - BO2: Buying the HE/CP editions was the only way to get nuketown zombies (until 24 hours before launch when they stated that NTZ would be part of the Season Pass)... $20 wasted? Ouch! 

History tells me that pre-buying anything can be setting oneself up for wasted coinage.  I am not typically so cynical, but I am not into "Bait and Switch" business practices.

I really hope they do something to appease the community (if not in whole, at least in part)

Interesting read: http://community.callofduty.com/message/413707031#413707031

Activision Ambassador

Have pretty much bought every DLC release for COD games (excluding WaW), even bought COD4 maps years after release, and buy every DLC for FPSs, but not this time, Activision, not this time.

Level 4

Cheers, Same to you

Level 20
Highlighted

in reply to WolfRidge

I would suggest more not to buy the maps in protest, until things improve.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to wec2010

It wont be anytime soon and there will not be any warning.

We are a small percentage of PS3 CODers in here, there are hundreds of thousands of people playing the game that will buy the DLC.

I always wait, not for sales per-se' but just to make sure I want it. Saving a few bucks to buy a bunch of stuff I may not want as a package is NOT a value IMO, especially if it gets discounted later.

I would love to see global season pass numbers but I suspect they wont be sharing that anytime soon either.

Level 22

in reply to Doc_SoCal

They have to divulge sales information to the Stock Exchange, it can be found on the net under Activision Sales/Shares information (or similar)

Level 20

in reply to wec2010

Generally around the 3rd DLC drop they put the first couple of drops on sale. So if you are looking to save money then you should wait.

Level 69

Studios