Why wouldn't the forum of your product support YouTube commentators promoting your product?

SOLVED

Call of Duty Black Ops II Website Feedback / Suggestions

Re: Why wouldn't the forum of your product support YouTube commentators promoting your product?

in reply to HotDogRodeo

I am not talking about my experiences on YT, I am talking about my experiences on this forum. Its seems like, during the MW3 lifespan, people thought that all we wanted to see were MOAB videos. These videos do nothing for the forum, and were met with the hostility they deserved.

Level 25

Re: Why wouldn't the forum of your product support YouTube commentators promoting your product?

in reply to NoLifeKing29

You have to admit though... it was good fun watching people get ripped for their "Awesome L3Git MOAB" video in which they completely ignored the objective.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to NoLifeKing29

Agreed. I hate people who ignore objectives and basically are trying to BOOST by way of not playing a team game.

Level 1

in reply to HotDogRodeo

I say post what ever videos you want as long as you are not hurting anyone.

As Thomas Jefferson said, if it's not breaking my legs or picking my pockets, it's no business of mine.

Level 17

in reply to HotDogRodeo

I'm all for a separate forum where people can post their YouTube videos and livestreams. It will be fun to see some one on one vids of some forums regulars and promote their videos in a dedicated forum section. It's just not possible to promote them on the current COC.

Imagine nicedrewishfela vs maccabi in a one on one HC showdown or vrruumm vs the community in an open challenge. Those are stuff I would love to watch.

Level 35

in reply to Run_N_Gunning_C

MACC! I"M CALLING YOU OUT BROTHER!

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador
Highlighted

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

LOL I grew up watching the wrestling of the 80s and 90s. It was more fun to watch back then.

RIP Randy Poffo

Level 35

One perk of living in the Tampa area in Florida was running into these guys randomly. Literally ran into Hulk Hogan leaving a Bucs game. Like walking into a brick wall. Savage was at those games a lot as well. Used to be very entertaining!

Activision Ambassador

I agree. However I doubt they will make it a seperate forum, seeing has how the "Staff Picks" within the game is never updated with any videos.

Level 1

in reply to HotDogRodeo

These forums are not here to advertize those players youtube channels to make them more popular on youtube and that is the main reason why they post those vidoes here.

These forums are to discuss the game and its problems or what works in the game, not for some person to become a youtube wannabe star.

That simple reason is why they do not allow it, for the most of those vidoes are nothing more than people farming for views and subs hoping to get famous and then be able to monetize thier channel and make money off of it. Hoping to become teh next big YouTube sensation.

I for one am glad they do not allow it and hope they continue this pratice. I do not want to watch stupid game play moments or montages of how some person thinks they are so elite because of quickscoping or dropshotting.

Free advertising or not, those videos in geral are not that great and are what has ruined this game in general because they make all the fanbois think that is the cool way to play the game and not to play the objective because that does not matter. That the only thing important is too get the good shot so you can try and look cool and awesome on youtube.

Level 70

Studios