Why light machine guns SUCKED in BO2.

Call of Duty Black Ops II General Discussion

Why light machine guns SUCKED in BO2.

Ok, so I understand that light machine guns may not be the most populure weapon of choice in call of duty, but at least they seamed to work in the previous games. In B02 they seemed VERY slow handling, a 5 minute reload, and I could propably deal the same amount of damage at father range with a Scar-H.

I may not be corret in may way of thinking, since I really have not used light machine guns to much in the previous games, but they seemed SO much worse this time around (the previous not being that good to start with), and I realy think they could have been ALOT better. Any thoughts?

Level 1
25 REPLIES

Re: Why light machine guns SUCKED in BO2.

in reply to samg1611

I think the slow reload nad terrible mobility is what causes many deaths with lmg because in this game you dont get a whole lot of time to reload a lot of times, this game 1 or 2 hit markers on you and your dead. On the kill cam it shows they shot you 4 or 5 times but in reality on your screen you only get hit once or twice because the system is not adjust right or something. so if you cant get bullets in your gun or run away fast enough your out of luck.

Level 1

in reply to samg1611

The LMGs aren't really TOO bad once you get used to them.

One of the big things that makes them look bad is no Sleight of Hand (though I AM surprised that at least the LSW nor HAMR have a Fast Mags option, given they use a drum magazine and not a belt like the MK 48 and LSAT). Without such things, you're stuck with the normal reload time which, especially for the MK 48 and LSAT, can be a pain. Surprisingly, though, I haven't been killed very often while reloading. Though, Extended Clip raising the MK 48 to 135 rounds really cuts down on the need to reload as I'll usually die before I run out of ammo anyway, lol. If I do run out and need to reload, I think I either need better trigger discipline or the enemy team really sucks, lol.

The other big thing is that, without things like Sleight of Hand/Fast Mags, LMGs are FAR less capable of running and gunning like previous games (allowing you to quickly reload while on the move), which is probably why a lot of people dislike them now. Now, you have to use them for more supportive and/or defensive roles than offensive (at least other than fast offensive). Yes, it may be called "camping" in terms of being defensive, but then again, LMGs are used a lot in such a way in real life (I know, "real life" and "CoD" don't always mix, but that doesn't mean SOME realism isn't or can't be used).

I found that when I stopped trying to run and gun with a LMG and used it like that, that the effectiveness of it went way up. Sure, I may not get as many kills as I usually do, but as long as it cut down on my deaths and helps the team win, I'm not worried about it.

Of course, the big thing, like with any of the weapons, is lag/lag compensation, which can really turn everything against you on the losing end.

Level 24

in reply to samg1611

They do NOT suck, you clearly aren't using them in the right way, they are meant for sustained long range, high damage fire. Equip it with a foregrip/FMJ and a sight and you will get good kills.

Level 4

in reply to beijinghuangyin

Ok, so explain to me how they do not suck when I could probably do better with a riot shield and knife?

The fact is wheather I get good kills or not, I (or really anybody else) could do 10x better with almost any gun in the game than when using any light machine gun.

Level 1

in reply to samg1611

Okay, get the MK48/LSAT, put target finder and FMJ/foregrip on and I gaurantee you will out perform yourself on any lame SMG run and gunner.

Level 4
Highlighted

in reply to samg1611

samg1611 wrote:

Ok, so I understand that light machine guns may not be the most populure weapon of choice in call of duty, but at least they seamed to work in the previous games. In B02 they seemed VERY slow handling, a 5 minute reload, and I could propably deal the same amount of damage at father range with a Scar-H.

I may not be corret in may way of thinking, since I really have not used light machine guns to much in the previous games, but they seemed SO much worse this time around (the previous not being that good to start with), and I realy think they could have been ALOT better. Any thoughts?

Worked in COD4 very well but there were two LMGs in BO1 that had a 30 round magazine, which is like giving ARs 10 bullets per magazine or something silly.  The ones in BO2 are worse than the ones in MW3 though.  The L86 with grip and thermal would own all of the LMGs in this game.

Level 31

in reply to SitRepPro

Actually, only the M60 had a high ammo count (even without "Big Ammo") at 100 rounds base.

All the others, the HK21, RPK, and Stoner63, only have 30-40 round clips normally. Then again, quite a few older LMGs like them were clip fed. Squad automatic weapons tended to be like that since WWI and II outside of the MG42 and such. (And the M60 was based off the MG42.) Things like the B.A.R., Bren, and so on.

Level 24

in reply to samg1611

The LSAT with red dot/fmj/extended mag rocks on Domination. I also use the thermal/grip/zoom on larger maps. Pisses the snipers off.

Level 1

in reply to Hopdevil96

MK48 VZ and FMJ=Full auto sniper that really annoys anyone on any map when used correctly. The range of a sniper the power of a lmg= sheet of lead and death for anyone dumb enough to get in front of it.

Level 70

Studios