Why lag comp is outdated and should be removed.

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: Why lag comp is outdated and should be removed...

in reply to Moorningstar

Moorningstar wrote:

allows the players to control their gaming experience.

Only thing I want in MP

4thAndFinalAcco
Highlighted

in reply to Moorningstar

ok where does the frame stuttering/rubberbanding/freeze frame,  come into play, I get alot of that!!

Albysky

in reply to Moorningstar

Whats out dated and should be replaced are these pathetic p2p servers... in ten matches im lucky to get one solid game in, where theres a stable greenbar connection and the host doesnt rage quit..

You think with cod being the highest grossing video game ever, making these guys filthy rich,.. youd think they might splash out on some dedicated servers and give something back..

I cant wrap my head around how greedy a company must be that they wouldnt put some cash back in and make the game a better more solid experience...

Anyone remember an interview around the release of MW3 ?, where someone from the studio, when asked about why there wasnt any dedi servers in cod said, "because the fans dont want them".

All that dude was doing was taking advantage of the fact that the majority of cod players dont even know the difference between the 2, and proceding to talk out his a55..

Budhead

in reply to Budhead

In theory P2P would work fine providing that the games were hosted in a local region to all players in the lobby. I understand that if they used dedicated servers it may improve things however if for instance they went down this road and only provided servers at there base in the USA then people in other areas of the world would still experience the same sort of problems.Think of it this way, why is a LAN game instant, because its right next to each other. Its the same principle with gaming over the net, the closer you are to the host/server the quicker information can travel.

crosby85

in reply to Moorningstar

p2p sucks cuz most people dnt have the upload speeds needed to properly host games. just a regular basic connection will set u back about 100 bucks a month after taxes/fees so i cant imagine too many people paying extra for premium connections. treyarch should have known this after 8 cods! i have a premium connection but im forced to use wireless on my ps3 so it doesnt benefit my online gaming too much more than having a basic connection anyway.

Tactical_Power

Studios