Why lag comp is outdated and should be removed.

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: Why lag comp is outdated and should be removed.

in reply to Godotpwn

Again stop repeating yourself.  Ironically every time you repeat yourself I will repeat this message.  Do you see the black hole your unwillingness to understand for yourself is causing?

Level 6

in reply to Moorningstar

He is very narrowminded and probably has issues with social acceptence in otherwords does not get how the world works, it amazes me how he keeps refering to the artical about lag, yet when someon sumarises they are wrong, reminds me a bit of Sheldon (Big Bang Theory) where as he is always right. despite that he never makes a summary of his own to explain to all the lesser mortals out there!

Level 9

in reply to Godotpwn

Just to educate you a bit 90% of the games out there have lag comp, its how its implemented that causes issues. Mw2 had the best connectivity ive seen 99% of the time it was perfect when you ran behind cover i never died behind cover,round corner and when i shot a dude i knew the hitmarkers i was getting was were i was aiming.

Blackops had bad coding your aim assist would move before the guy was around the corner.

Level 17

in reply to Moorningstar

Oooh, not seen a thread on this topic before, how interesting.

Lag comp threads should be automatically removed, until people have educated themselves.

Wonders off to find a brick wall and introduce my head to it.

Level 38

in reply to sennalike

Amen to that

Level 67

in reply to Moorningstar

You obviously don't know what lag comp is

Level 75

in reply to Moorningstar

So many Einsteins in this thread. Mind = blown

Level 34
Highlighted

in reply to avengedyesterda

Basically someone needs to make some adjustments somewhere because im firing sausages and getting killed by bullets back.

Level 12

in reply to Moorningstar

As Godotpwn and others have been stating, lag compensation is necessary.  A better way to think of it is time/game synchronization.  I have run local LAN parties with multiple PS3s on previous games and the it works very well without issues.  The varying degrees of internets speed, quality and connections are difficult to compensate.  I do agree that it could be improved significantly on Black Ops 2. 

The real questions for lag compensation are:

1.  How is it implemented? Is it working properly?  Can it be optimized?   

2.  What are the real minimum requirements to do this well, including hardware & internet speeds?

3.  Is the PS3 able to accommodate this very effeciently?

4.  Would dedicated servers truly help this?

5.  How can it been improved?  (i.e. matching by region? internet connection speeds?)

Just in my opinion, I feel that the PS3 was orginally designed for gaming that were expected to be standalone stations.  They eventually migrated to online and then into FPS.  The core design of the PS3 is NOT optimized (not even close) to server a network server for FPS games.

This is why there are some many discussions (aka debates) on dedicated servers.

Level 4

in reply to wildcat_fans

Don't be daft this happens accross all platforms, and anyway no one in this thread has asked for dedicated servers.

Level 9

Studios