Why isn't the KSG's 1- shot kill range longer? It's a deadly slug for cryin' out loud!

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Highlighted

Re: Why isn't the KSG's 1- shot kill range longer? It's a deadly slug for cryin' out loud!

in reply to ItsAmirror

A slight buff for the R870? I don't know what the buff is for on that gun, it doesn't need a buff in any way shape or form.

Level 17

Re: Why isn't the KSG's 1- shot kill range longer? It's a deadly slug for cryin' out loud!

in reply to vicx333p

Used a KSG, shot a thermonuclear round into the sky, traveled through space-time, and destroyed an entire string of planets filled with savage aliens planning on invading Earth just that second. Fact.

Level 24

in reply to Gerbera

Call of Duty: The Rise of Master Chief?!?!?!

Level 48

in reply to vicx333p

There are 2 problems with the ksg.  1st the ads delay really hurts this weapons since it needs to be ads to be really deadly.  And second the ksg with long barrel will kill to the toe out to 15 meters but not to the heart at 16 meters.  I think the ksg needs to get its ads delay reworked to remove some of its inconsistencies and it needs some torso multipliers to give accurate players a little more one shot range for non head shots.

Level 4

in reply to Black_Beard

Exactly. My accuracy isn't usually the problem it's the fact that I get sprayed down most of the time from the stupid silenced submachine guns before I can get the next shot off. Just a little increase in the range would help a LOT.

Level 2

in reply to Black_Beard

And this is why there is the Quickdraw attachment for it. Second to last one to unlock, but it's there...until then, you need to learn to ADS slightly ahead of time and not only WHEN you actually see people appear in front of you. Otherwise, especially if the enemy has Quickdraw themselves, that slower ADS time WILL end up costing you the gunfight.

Level 24

in reply to vicx333p

I think the OHK range is fine, but the actual range at which the slug disappears and no longer brings up a hitmarker seems way too short.

Level 2

in reply to chris_sjbmx

chris_sjbmx wrote:

I think the OHK range is fine, but the actual range at which the slug disappears and no longer brings up a hitmarker seems way too short.

In a video game with a gun with the raw stopping power of the KSG there is no-way you should be able to pick people off at that distance like I did that sniper on the roof but that is pretty standard shot for the KSG on BLOPs2 even in rounds like the above where you're host (you can tell if your host when you 1st spawn there's a 15 count and green flashing connect signs next to everyone elses name on the scoreboard).

In COD reality you don't choose a shotgun for it's long range capability it's for up close clearence with the odd hail mary mid-distance engagement the KSG not only excels at the range COD reality requires for shotguns but it does very well at distance.

It's all about picking the right weapon for the job you want a mid to long range weapon shake hands with the ARs, if you want a good chance of OHK at distance then run a sniper.

If we're gonna bring "reality" as the OPs cry of deadly slug suggests into this then cool but be prepared for guns like the MP7 to be even deadlier sure it'll have less rounds but that thing is designed to shred through body armour.

Level 21

in reply to monkeylord1

I wasn't saying that the OHK range needed to increase, I was saying that you should still be able to get a hitmarker (with obviously reduced damage) at a somewhat further distance, more like SMG range. It shouldn't be treated the same as the other shotguns because it's firing a single slug instead of 8 buckshot pellets that spread outwards at a distance.

edit: After watching your video, maybe I was lagging out at the time, but I'm basing this off not getting hitmarkers from across the "B" area courtyard on Slums. I was getting markers up to about three-quarters of the way between the flag and the far wall, standing in the arched gateway.

Level 2

in reply to chris_sjbmx

chris_sjbmx wrote:

I wasn't saying that the OHK range needed to increase, I was saying that you should still be able to get a hitmarker (with obviously reduced damage) at a somewhat further distance, more like SMG range. It shouldn't be treated the same as the other shotguns because it's firing a single slug instead of 8 buckshot pellets that spread outwards at a distance.

Dude if you really find on a consistant basis you're not getting hitmarkers at the distance your choosing to engage in then it's like the old saying goes " A poor tradesman always blames his tools".

chris_sjbmx wrote:

edit: After watching your video, maybe I was lagging out at the time, but I'm basing this off not getting hitmarkers from across the "B" area courtyard on Slums. I was getting markers up to about three-quarters of the way between the flag and the far wall, standing in the arched gateway.

edit: When it's like that and the KSG just seems to shut down I tend to switch out to the R870 it's way more forgiving although granted. it doesn't feel as satisfying. Although to be fair all guns on this game can feel crap when the lag is heavily against you.

Level 21

Studios