Why does less than 2% of players use the high killstreaks?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: Why does less than 2% of players use the high killstreaks?

in reply to x_convict

You do have a good point. I personally use the smaller streaks because I do consider it a somewhat daunting task. I've never considered the math, just set them low and stayed there believing I would attain those smaller streaks more often.

Maybe its time for me to try a change.

Level 8

in reply to x_convict

x_convict wrote:

I was being nice when I said 2% its more like 1% if that even in demolition.As far as connection or talent goes all the high killstreaks are essentially 8kills-maybee 10 max.as The agr is the most powerfull killstreak if you control it right(I only play bonus playlist so in those maps)As a agr can get 15-30+ kills(only if player controlled)that will link to lodestar or vtol or w/e which will than link to swarm or k9.

Big problem with your math here: each kill you get with the AGR is worth 15 points, am I right?  And the whole time you're controlling it you are doing nothing else, and trusting that nobody will stumble upon your prone body and fire half a suppressed clip into it?  How many gun kills could you get in that time, netting anywhere from 50 to 200 points apiece depending on game type & circumstance?

This also assumes that you can avoid dying long enough to net those 1000 points needed to call it in.  Between lag issues, HK drones, Lightning Strikes, and the plain & simple fact that sometimes you'll just be outshot (or outplayed), it's not a given that you'll earn one for each and every life.  On the other hand, you probably could earn a UAV nearly every time you spawned, and between that and your other scoring you could get to a Hellfire or Lightning Strike pretty easily as well.  If you figure an average of about 4 kills for the two of those (some games will be much more, some less), you're already at 60 points toward earning the next UAV...and sometimes your first one will still be in the air racking up 10 bonus points per enemy death.

While I'm sure it's cool to earn the high scorestreaks (I'll have to take your word for it because I probably couldn't even if I tried ), the fact that each kill they net you is worth so much less than a gun kill really adds up, as does any game time you miss while controlling it.  Unless you're going for You Tube footage, give the low scorestreaks a try for a few games and see if you end up with similar (or higher) scores than you're currently getting by running the high ones.  Yeah, the high end might be a little lower than a "perfect" game running AGR/Lodestar/Swarm, but the low end will be a lot higher, and your overall average will climb.

Level 26

in reply to x_convict

I've been experimenting with the higher killstreaks but I can't say that I've done that much with them.  I think that the highest that I've called in is the VSAT.  I think that the bigger reason you aren't seeing that many higher killstreaks being used is that the lower ones are pretty effective and it takes a good while to get enough of the right killstreaks unlocked to do a proper daisy chain for getting the higher killstreaks reliably.  The Lodstar unlocks before the AGR but there's a pretty big gap between the Lighting Strike and the Lodstar.  So if gaining XP quickly is your goal then it's better to have the Lighting Strike as your last scorestreak than your middle one (ie you want to prestige faster).  I'm sure as the game matures you will see more of the higher scorestreaks being used.

Level 69

in reply to x_convict

The maps are too small to get a high streak going. If you camp your ass off,it is possible,other than that,your bound to run into enemies at all turns,especially if it's a obj game mode.

Level 7

in reply to stevonub4201

stevonub420 wrote:

The maps are too small to get a high streak going. If you camp your ass off,it is possible,other than that,your bound to run into enemies at all turns,especially if it's a obj game mode.

There is a simpe rule I follow and that is AVOID YOUR TEAMATES. where your teamates are so will a group of enemys be also if a teamates fires a gun your position is given away.And thats why you flank/mobile camp(not true camping) ect.The only time I camp is when I see someone ether sniping in nuketown hijacked shotgunning or making a poor attempt to knife/troll in general.I Consider that despicalable tactics so I respond in kind.

But a SMALL tip avoid your teamates unless your friends/party with them.I notice they just get you in trouble more than they help.

Level 5

in reply to x_convict

I can't pull the trigger without getting gangbanged by 3 other people. These maps are so small that once you show up on a UAV you're getting ambushed from multiple directions

If you want high killstreaks run with a party

Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

ghamorra wrote:

I can't pull the trigger without getting gangbanged by 3 other people. These maps are so small that once you show up on a UAV you're getting ambushed from multiple directions

If you want high killstreaks run with a party

Ohh my god you read my mind every time I see two people I always say outloud thanks for the gangbang lol.Never thought anyone else used that word in cod lmao.Thats why you pretty much gotta carry a FHAJ rocket launcher and avoid the action as no matter how good you are its next to impossible to take on 3-4 players unless they are lined up in a pretty little line

Level 5
Highlighted

in reply to x_convict

I had a team of randoms lining up in a pretty little line just the other night.  The bad news is that they were on my team.  Facepalm.  Needless to say we lost.  I personally was taking out 2 or 3 guys at a time (they were too busy ADSing my teamates) but that next guy just kept getting me.  I started to get on the mic to tell them to spread out but then I thought to myself that if they don't know any better than to run through one choke point all at the same time over and over again, that I'm not going to be able to teach them enough about CoD to make a difference before the match is over.

Level 69

in reply to phxs72

Ouch. I was  verbally attacked by a player yesterday after playing Standoff. I was next to the house cutting off the other teams attack. They just kept running through the SAME damn location. Not throwing tactical's or lethal's or using a launcher or anything! I couldn't stop laughing at this guy because it was so stupid. I don't understand how people get mad at you because they don't adapt to over come a challenge. No brains whatsoever.

Level 48

in reply to x_convict

Speaking from someone that goes high scorestreaks as well, i go low scorestreak when playing against a good team or objective type game. UAVs, counters, and lightning strike will always be more useful than k9 or AGRs.

Level 1

Studios