Why do you hate Black Ops 2?

Call of Duty Black Ops II General Discussion

Why do you hate Black Ops 2?

Black Ops 2 overall is a great game in my opinion. Other than a few rather game breaking problems this has potential to be the best Call of Duty yet! It all depends on how treyarch reacts to complaints by the community. This is just my list of problems I've composed over the past few days of playing.

• LIMITED hardcore game modes. I am an avid hardcord player on Call of Duty. In CoD4 and W@W I played hours of hardcore search and destroy and headquarters. In Modern Warfare 2 I found myself distanced from hardcord especially with how easy it was to use grenade launchers with the perk one man army to obliterate anything that moved. In Black Ops I played hardcore demolition, and in Modern Warfare 3 I played Hardorce domination and kill confirmed. Black Ops 2 only offers CTF, TDM, S&D, and FFA for hardcore players. I'm not asking for all game modes to have a hardcore counterpart (although that would be nice!) Atleast one game mode without a respawn timer would be nice for us hardcore players to see.
  • LAG COMPENSATION is almost as bad as MW3. I don't know what's to blame for this. Maybe your servers weren't made to handle an excess of 500,000 players at once. (I doubt that's the problem) Perhaps my connectivity suffers only when I play call of duty. (many others complain about lag compensation, so it can't be that either.) I know! Maybe it's the fact you pushed in a skill based match making system! That would explain the consistency problems. Pairing players up with people who are of their skill level and not by how good their connectivity to each other is.
  • SKILL BASED MATCHMAKING is not the change call of duty needs. I, like many other players, don't stop playing a call of duty because they are bored of stomping bad players. It's the fact that after 3 months the problems in a game become unbearable along with the maps and weapons becoming repetitive. I don't want to be forced to either use the best classes or get stomped by someone who is using their best class. Not to mention the amount of full parties I run in to. Not to mention if you run solo your team mates all rage quit when they start losing leaving it 1 vs 6. If I wanted to play against good players I would play in LEAGUE PLAY.
  • UAV SPAM is destroying any skill the game requires. The start of every game almost always dictates the outcome in Black Ops 2. The first team to get a UAV will cycle UAVs over and over until the game is over. Sure there are many counters to the UAV, but at what cost? If you can even find the UAV in the air you better hope someone hasn't already found you. The counters to the baby blackbird aren't effective enough to be deemed useful.
  • GHOST NEEDS A BUFF in a game dominated by constant UAVs. In the first Black Ops ghost was a really powerful tool especially when used by those who liked to corner camp. In black ops 2 ghost has been changed so anyone who equips ghost most move forward to remain hidden on the mini map when a UAV is up. I believe any movement should keep you off the UAV while using ghost. Sure, campers can abuse it, but right now you can't even ADS without becoming a target on the mini map.
  • TIP TOE SOLDIERS is the theme of future warfare. Using headsets to locate where someone is based off movement is a tool many call of duty players use to succeed. In the game right now you can hear trains, planes, dogs, explosions, soliders yelling, your own footsteps, guns, and anything else but other players. I feel this was done intentionally to nerf the use of headsets to locate enemies. However, this also nerfs the perks dead silence and awareness because no one can hear you and you can't hear any one. This leaves your 3rd perk slot down to 4 choices.
  • SPECIAL GRENADES are a headache. Without tactical mask any special grenades thrown at you render you useless and in a Helen Keller state for about 5-7 seconds. Not to mention the constant abuse of shock charged bouncing betties to guarentee you die as soon as you turn in to the trap. Shock charges should either count as a lethal or be nerfed severly since it is a trigger based tactical grenade.
  • LEADERBOARDS are based off of score per minute and not overall score. The majority of the leaderboards are filled with people who either boosted or played barely any of the game mode noticed their high spm and decided to leave the game mode alone to keep their rank high. I believe rank should be determind on who have the highest overall score for that game mode, strictly because it shows they enjoy and constantly play that game mode versus someone who played a few good games and left their spm at its peak.
  • SPAWNS need to be tweaked soon. I've had more bad spawns in this game than in all previous games combined.  I know Vahn said they would be continually collecting data on and assessing the spawn points and making adjustments as needed so hopefully there will be an update to address this sooner rather than later. (Point made by WKMMS.)
  • SCORESTREAKS are difficult to get in a 75 kill limit TDM match. I'm a TDM player and all the good scorestreaks are 11 and above. It's not that easy being 11-0 with UAV Spam, Campers, and LAG. In Black Ops the highest was 11 and I always used BlackBird, Chopper Gunner, Dogs. In this game it's almost impossbile to get dogs. (Point made by redx165 A.K.A THE NOOB KILLER.)
  • ZOMBIES survival mode is ruined. The TranZit mode is the only good mode they have. I just don't understand why they would ruin Survival?? They had the most practice with that gamemode. Too small maps, lava are over the place. They ruin Survival. (Point made by redx165 A.K.A THE NOOB KILLER.)

So that's why I'm not satisfied with Black Ops 2 right now. These are my opinions and are up for debate if you find one that you feel is currently fine. These complaints were made only after about 18 hrs of online play. If you have anything you believe should be added feel free to leave a reply and I'll be sure to look at it!

Level 1
79 REPLIES
Highlighted

Re: Why do you hate Black Ops 2?

in reply to xCabry

Well said, I agree with all of this not to mention the Black Hat

Level 12

in reply to MoNsTeR_zAcH

• i hate bo2 theatre....it records whenever it feels like it,,,i get good moments and never records them,, and despite they are aware of the issues the cod community is having they continue to bring new merchandise instead of fixing what they already sold us,,,billion$ not enough? ive lost my enthusiasm for this game cause they simply dont care about nothing but the $£$£$£..could the message be any clearer you ******* ********

Level 1

in reply to xCabry

SMGs are over powered once again. (What a surprise) UAV should require 700 points to use, or at least make ghost available at a lower level possibly 20.

Level 1

in reply to SinWolf7

man F the bull shit, the pistols are freaking over powered. that KAP-40 is stronger than most smg's and i think it should be like the G18's from MW3 with more recoil because that bs shouldn't be that good.........................i mean like come on, IT'S A PISTOL

Level 1

in reply to xCabry

I agree with the lag compensation part but everything else Treyarch actually did their job on so yea everything else seems like camper complaints however the lag compensation part I can relate to. I am back they banned me guess you can't be angry customer posting a comment by their standards.

Level 1

in reply to xCabry

It's not the UAV's that are a problem, it's the mini map. It should be removed for all those without a UAV (which should need more points). I can't stand these players who constantly look at the mini map chasing every orange dot they see. It's so mindless!

I see someone, I shoot them. Someone sees the orange dot nearby, and shoots me while I'm reloading. I have a different strategy for each map, and rarely even look at the radar.

I like the lack of footsteps though. I never use a headset, and sometimes have to play with low sound, so this evens things up! I think this is one of the reasons why I usually do well in this game.

Level 8

in reply to JGDC74

The minimap is usefull and it's there for a reason. It helps you locate where the enemies are. My friends have a 1.75, 2.1, 2.4, and 3.1 kdr, and they are ALWAYS looking at the minimap. When my team has a VSAT or UAV up, I'm almost always looking at it untill i see there's an enemy I can kill. It's a good thing, and can be used to a players advantage.

Level 9

in reply to A_Pig_that_flys

The problem is that people doing just one or the other; either look only at the minimap OR only use their eyes which, from my experience, BOTH aren't very smart things to do. People need to use a balance of both the minimap AND their senses.

If you only stare at the minimap, you're easy prey for Ghost or suppressor users who can sneak around behind you. And if a Ghost user is smart enough to use the Counter UAV, that makes even the Orbital VSAT useless (and with only half the score needed to get). Not to mention you're completely unaware of your surroundings most of the time, so you can sometimes run right past enemies and they'll get you from the side or behind. If you used your senses, you wouldn't be caught off guard so easily and be more aware.

If you only use your eyes, you can STILL get snuck around behind, but even by non-Ghost users simply because people who only use their eyes are usually only looking in front of them through their crosshairs (thinking even glancing at the minimap makes them "red dot chasers"), even if there's the sound of gunfire and guys yelling as they die. If they looked at their minimap for just half a second, they would've at least seen the green arrow near them disappear, signaling the player's death and maybe a red dot appear briefly, signaling an enemy is nearby (even if suppressed, the disappearance of the arrow is sign enough). At the very least, it will tell them to be more aware.

So many times I see both things happen and yet people are just in total disbelief, wondering how the enemy got them.

Level 24

in reply to JGDC74

play hardcore then -.-

Level 1

Studios