Why do I do so bad every time I play on core?

SOLVED

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Why do I do so bad every time I play on core?

These last two days I have been going back to core to see if I actually have gotten better. Apparently not. Now, I still suck, but not nearly as bad as I once did. I went 24-23 with 28 confirms on hardcore, but when I switched to core I went 11-34 with 6 confirms. I'm sure you can see the immediate disconnection right?

I always thought that because you can kill faster, you die faster and if you take that mindset into core you'll do better... I was indeed wrong on that also. Because going on the exact same map using the exact same class, I get owned, every single time. I really do try to see what I'm doing wrong and I have no idea. Maybe I should hold down R1 longer, I don't know.

I usually don't complain about anything, lag, campers, tryhards, killwhores, spawn trappers, or anything. But I rage like a 10 year old every time I play core.

Level 1
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Why do I do so bad every time I play on core?

in reply to brokemamba
Solution
‎30-01-2013 09:35 PM

Yeah, in hardcore, the most important thing is how quickly you can get that first shot on target. In Core, not only is that important, but your overall ability to keep shots on target is equally important. Also, you need to be constantly moving if you're a rushing. You can't stop and shoot, you have to shoot on the go or else it will be easy for your opponent to turn on you and get a kill. Also, you need to make sure that you do your best to move from one covered position to the next. The less time you enemy has to shoot at you, the better as it gives you time to rebuild health and to set up in case he tries to follow you and hunt you down. All in all though, that might not be the best way for you to play. Maybe you're a slower, more methodical player, not a rusher. The best way to get better at Core is to play it. For the most part, if you get really good at Core, you'll be able to take what you've learned and how you play, take it to Hardcore, and do much better.

Level 12
10 REPLIES

in reply to brokemamba

What gun's do you use. Because in hardcore you can use anything and get kill's.

Level 4

in reply to kenjitill

Primary: MP7 with reflex and suppressor

Secondary: S12 with MMS

Perk 1: lightweight

Perk 2: hardwired

Perk 3: dexterity

Level 1

in reply to brokemamba

Try skipping the suppressor.

Despising cheaters since 1970
Activision Ambassador

in reply to bighead14701

Replace it with something or just leave a slot open?

Level 1

in reply to brokemamba

You could try fmj. I personally use fast mag or grip.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to brokemamba

S12 is pretty much useless in core in comparison to most other guns

Level 6

in reply to brokemamba

Core is painful for me too. Try different guns though. The chicom works amazingly for me on core. Three round burst or select fire. It doesn't matter. I honestly only play core when my party is 7 or more though.

Activision Ambassador
Highlighted

in reply to brokemamba
Solution
‎30-01-2013 09:35 PM

Yeah, in hardcore, the most important thing is how quickly you can get that first shot on target. In Core, not only is that important, but your overall ability to keep shots on target is equally important. Also, you need to be constantly moving if you're a rushing. You can't stop and shoot, you have to shoot on the go or else it will be easy for your opponent to turn on you and get a kill. Also, you need to make sure that you do your best to move from one covered position to the next. The less time you enemy has to shoot at you, the better as it gives you time to rebuild health and to set up in case he tries to follow you and hunt you down. All in all though, that might not be the best way for you to play. Maybe you're a slower, more methodical player, not a rusher. The best way to get better at Core is to play it. For the most part, if you get really good at Core, you'll be able to take what you've learned and how you play, take it to Hardcore, and do much better.

Level 12

in reply to brokemamba

If you play Core use a Silencer and Ghost. The maps are so small Pac-Man will kill you before you can comprehend what's going on

Level 75

Studios