Why are shot guns soooo OP

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Highlighted

Re: Why are shot guns soooo OP

in reply to Hardhitta

I take it that you don't know how to use them and don't know how to navigate a map properly to avoid them?  My first piece of advice is don't use them.  It would completely destroy your opinion of how great they are.  Second stop cutting your corners so close.  Shotguns are not miracle weapons but you do have to know how to play to their weaknesses if you intend to win a gunfight against one.

Level 69

in reply to phxs72

Ok I fell you on dat dawg but tell me this what you think about the maps not being that big to use AR than SMGs and shotguns.I mean the maps in BO1 were big maps.

Level 1

in reply to Hardhitta

"BO1 were big map"

Not necessarily. What you are looking for is: "BO1 maps had longer sight lines on there maps". Just Compare the size of Yemen to say standoff or Drone. Yemen has long sight lines all over the place while Drone and Standoff have some long sight lines but they also have LOTS of clutter (aka buildings etc.) which limits long distance engagements. These scenarios let close quarter weapons rain supreme because you can sneak up on people really easily.

Level 48

in reply to Hardhitta

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a625/MrMarlboro2009/Spelling4Dummies1_zps99f18e3e.jpg

Level 67

in reply to gambit1969

Oh

My

God

I wish I was wearing a diaper cause I just pissed myself laughing... At least I am wearing brown pants!

Activision Ambassador

I had to, between his bad grammer and spelling i had no clue what he was going on about.

Level 67

in reply to Hardhitta

The maps are definitely smaller which personally I prefer simply because I don't have to get my Visa stamped every time that I die just to get back to the action.  But to your point, I actually have a higher KD with ARs and LMGs on these maps than I do with SMGs and Shotguns.  There are plenty of lines of sight available for the bigger weapons that will still keep you in the action.  I play a lot of DOM btw and am a flag capping phenom.  Now if you are in a gamemode such as KC or TDM then yes the map size will make it more difficult to use the larger weapons because people tend to rush hard in those gamemodes and therefore will be engaging in more mid to close range fights.  However, there are some ARs which do quite well in those situations and if you have enough time to ADS (that's an if) the LMGs are strong enough to win those gunfights as well.  If I'm using an AR in either KC or TDM, I set it up for speed and generally will slap either quickdraw or a laser sight on it and go toe to toe with the SMGs.

Level 69

in reply to Hardhitta

My $ 0.02.

I have felt annoyed at getting killed by shot-gun users - too many times than I bother to think. I don't think I've taken it to here (this forum) & express my frustration, though. I usually slow down, sometimes even camp the corner of a map - and wait for the headless-chicken to run towards me. Then, I simply let my AR or Sniper do the job - and stay at the same location (because I know the headless-chicken will be running straight for me a second time).

It's only when I started using shot-guns I realized how *more* annoying it is to use one. Thanks to Nuketown 24x7 on the 2xp week-end, I got Remi & KSG gold. I'm yet to gold the S12 & M1216 (getting the 250 OHKs was ANNOYING TO THE EXTREME - but it's done). SGs are completely anti-thetical to my play-style - I love long lines of sights & stealth. I'm loathe to CQCs & "in-your-face" gun-battles (I blame my play-style on my connection )

Bottom-line: I don't think any of the SGs are OP.

MN

Level 11

in reply to mn7_la1

Agreed they're not over powered but what I have noticed is that these shotgun guys ALWAYS get their shots off first but i think that has to do more with LAG than anything. From my experience there are NOT any guns that when compared to each other within the context they are meant for (short range for the SMGs and Shotguns, Mid to maybe a little long range for the Assault rifles, Mid to long range for the LMGs and long range for the Sniper rifles) are OP. The PDW does NOT cream the MTAR or Chicom or anything. Do I lose a mid range gun fight with an Assault Rifle to an SMG sometimes, yep but that's usually because the guy is better than me or because of an ungodly Lag.... 99.9% of the problems regarding guns, play-style, etc. in CoD would be fixed if there was not so much Lag

Level 9

in reply to xtlc2003

The only OP thing about the R870 is you can do extremely well with this weapon while never needing to ADS. Of course most R870 users will have extremely fast reaction times. Even without the laser sight these bad boys have a very maneagable hip fire spread pattern.

Level 4

Studios