Why Reporting Emblems is Frowned Upon?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: Why Reporting Emblems is Frowned Upon?

in reply to BowNaRRowYerMum

god do i hate winning dom 200-70 but go 27-24 because of clowns like this. Id rather lose by an obj team and go 14-29 (happens every now and again) Of course i prefer the 40+ kil games and win 200-100 or so hahaha

Level 5

in reply to CrimsonTideMonk

no doubt, but you know I noticed one thing, my friends win loss ratio has been decreasing dramatically cause they think rage quitting still doesn't make the stats go on their account. HA. They got burnt.. it gives you a loss everytime you do this now

Level 4

in reply to SuspectOnFoot

Normally I would never report an emblem. I think people should be able to put whatever they like in it, regardless of how offensive it may be. Things like swastikas, even though you may hate them, add that little bit of extra hatred to the game and can make you really want to beat that person!

I did however report a swastika once in BO1, but the reason was mainly because he annoyed me in the game! The guy was teaming with someone in a FFA in Hanoi, and they each put a portable radar at each end of that long room, and it was almost impossible to kill them with the lag advantage they had as well. And when I saw the swastika, I just had to report him after!

Level 8
Highlighted

in reply to JGDC74

Every swastika gets reported by me. My Grandfathers did not fight in WW2 to have idiots trying to bring that crap back. 

To the OP, just report and move on, no need to announce it.

Level 20

in reply to WolfRidge

Agreed - some things can really be offensive, some could be considered as a form of hate crime, when some people "talk trash".. yet its a video game, so report, move on. No need to shout it out, only makes matters worse and in a lot of cases, can instigate.

Level 4

in reply to BowNaRRowYerMum

I don't see anything wrong with letting them know that I reported them. If they swear at me, I just report them for language (and let them know about that too).

Level 6

Report and move on.

Letting them know will only result in false reports against you and cyber stalkers.

Level 22

SuspectOnFoot wrote:

I report every sexual emblem that I see, and I tell the person once I do it. Why does everyone get on my case for doing this?

I'm not offended by such images, BUT since I refrain from having a sexual emblem (because I don't want to risk getting banned), I don't want anyone else to enjoy having such an emblem and get away with it.

How is my reporting not justified?

Are you one of these far right fundamentalists

It is only a game after all, no?

Level 31

in reply to BanHaMMer2

As I stated in the post you quoted: "...I'm not offended by such images...".

The fact that I report those emblems has nothing to do with my beliefs about profanity/sexual content, but rather to justify my choice to refrain from having such an emblem, due to the possibility of being reported.

(Basically if I can't do it, then I will make sure that nobody else can either.)

Level 6

Studios