Why Maps are so Small in BO2- The Nuketown theory

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Highlighted

Re: Why Maps are so Small in BO2- The Nuketown theory

in reply to Scotland-Rules

What game mode do you play?

I ask because I played 99% domination until just recently and it is funny I switched to mostly KC and the pace of the game slowed way down.  My buddy loves dom and after playing so much KC I almost cant play dom anymore.  It just seems to chaotic with way to much luck thrown into the mix since most of the action is in a small area.

Level 23

in reply to RAMBONER

I play HC TDM and KC,

The spawns are still terrible and often work against you by flipping the spawns on your location.

I actually played a game of Dom on Hijacked and we kept getting spawn trapped.

Overall what would solve this is bigger maps.

Activision Ambassador

just had a game where my team was on one side i got hit at long range and spawned, then 3 enemy players spawn right next to me and killed me.  dont get me started in hijacked i went from 8-0 to 8-22 because i kept spawning right in the crosshairs until i spawned in the middle of the map randomly.  its so frustrating

Level 3

in reply to alejbr4

exactly,

A map that size only works well when the NT layout is in place.

E,g,

Spawn on continous oppisite sides.

Activision Ambassador

Much simpler explanation: You Tube.

Why?  Because small maps lead to more kills, faster-paced gameplay, and higher scores.  These are the things that people watch on You Tube, so that's the kind of gameplays the big You Tube commentators go for.  The big channels get more views which means more free advertising for Activision which means more dollars for everyone.

Here's a leaked list of some maps under development for MW4:

• Parking Lot
  • Subway Car
  • News Stand
  • Unisex Bathroom
  • Subcompact
  • Phone Booth
  • Closet
Level 26

in reply to Harv72

loved that list.

I think its because they've tried to nerf camping and keep everything fast paced rather than have logic or any skills needed to play CoD.

Activision Ambassador

scotland-rules wrote:

loved that list.

I think its because they've tried to nerf camping and keep everything fast paced rather than have logic or any skills needed to play CoD.

I hope you're not saying that camping takes skill.

Level 21

in reply to r8edtripx

r8edtripx wrote:

scotland-rules wrote:

loved that list.

Big maps doesn't mean camping does it?

Remember MW2 those maps were well designed and had a variety of game play and weapons used. Sure it had camping but it did have an even amount of playing. Camping is only annoying if you let it be annoying. In black ops 2 camping is fun for me because its different from the old run and gun game play you see to often in this game.

I support the right to play however way you want. I believe only small minded people honeslty care if people camp. I mean its a video game after all.

Activision Ambassador

scotland-rules wrote:

r8edtripx wrote:

scotland-rules wrote:

loved that list.

Big maps doesn't mean camping does it?

Remember MW2 those maps were well designed and had a variety of game play and weapons used. Sure it had camping but it did have an even amount of playing. Camping is only annoying if you let it be annoying. In black ops 2 camping is fun for me because its different from the old run and gun game play you see to often in this game.

I support the right to play however way you want. I believe only small minded people honeslty care if people camp. I mean its a video game after all.

I didn't say big maps meant camping. I was referring to your comment about Treyarch trying "...to nerf camping and keep everything fast paced rather than have logic or any skills needed to play COD."

I'm still hoping you're not saying camping takes skill.

Level 21

in reply to r8edtripx

They tried to stop camping its a common fact.

Camping does take some skill depending on your definition of camping and depending on how stupid your enemy is not to check his or hers corners.

I honestly don't see why you care. I personally don't think running and gunning takes much skill as chances are you run around headless on these maps. Everything is CCQ so it isn't really much of a challenge in this CoD, .

It actually takes more effort now to camp effectively than run and gun

Activision Ambassador

Studios