Which is better without select fire. Fal or smr?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Which is better without select fire. Fal or smr?

Ever since the last update I have been using the smr without the select fire and love it. I used to use the fal with select fire. I am wondering if I should go back to the fal and use it without select fire since I have Gotton so used to the semi auto smr

Gregdpw
16 REPLIES

Re: Which is better without select fire. Fal or sm...

in reply to Gregdpw

The answer will be different depending on who you ask.

Why not just try it?

Doc_SoCal

in reply to Doc_SoCal

I will. Just wondering if anyone has any experience.

Gregdpw

in reply to Gregdpw

Just my opinion, of course people will disagree but that is life, but I loved the fal. I used it before with select fire but actually didnt like it. I love the semi automatic feel to the fal. I do like the SMR to but the fal is my preference. But I do agree with DOC. you will need to try for yourself because asking here will just end up in huge debate lol

ladylucina1

in reply to Gregdpw

Well i used the SMR with select fire and I love it too. I only started using the FAL  after the pacthes. But once i got select fire on it i used it on I didnt like it. Its rpm gets lowered and its hipfire sucks. But without it it a really beast gun. I prefer using reflex sight supp. and maybe quickdraw or fast mags.

Thembones1
Highlighted

in reply to Gregdpw

They are very similar but you can burst fire the FAL much faster than the SMR.  So it really depends on your trigger finger, accuracy and playstyle.  The FAL is generally a 3 to 4 shot kill and the SMR is typically a 2 to 3 shot kill.  Personally, I do better with the SMR without select fire than the FAL without it.  With select fire they perform about the same for me but I like the SMR a little better.  Both are good guns though.

phxs72

in reply to Gregdpw

They're both good without SF. My personal preference is the SMR mainly due to it's 2 hit kill range. The hip fire is slightly better with the FAL when you get caught in a tight spot but you really can't go wrong with either one.

net_nginerd

in reply to Gregdpw

Prior to the patches, the FAL with select fire was dominant.  I used to use it all the time in the earlier prestiges.  Once they changed the hip fire and recoil, I think it's only serviceable now.  SMR seems to be slightly better than the FAL but with less firerate.  Overall, FAL is still better despite the nerfing.

dalger22

in reply to dalger22

hard choice now. Before the updates the fal rocked ( i used select fire/target finder/fmj) guarenteed 2 shot kills even through walls, no recoil, highly accurate, ammo lasted due to low rate of fire. Now it sucks as much as the smr. I have now gone for fast mobility and the scorpion with long barrel, extended mag and just run and gun all the while. latest patch has just ruined the game imho.

AutoCulto

in reply to Gregdpw

I prefer the FAL but like the SMR as well.  You only need two attachments, the stock and one of the optics. Great guns. Select fire is a joke, never should have been put on a semi-auto gun.

crossfire-roads

Studios