Where We at on the Awareness Patch???

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: Where We at on the Awareness Patch???

in reply to blackOPSpoo

I dun need Awareness cuz I know where you n00bs rush from all the time!

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g381/Google-Images/Internet%20Memes/LOL-Face-Meme.png

Level 7
Highlighted

in reply to blackOPSpoo

Twitter David V, Activision Support and Treyarch...usually only Activision Support respond but this will help them know this is not just a few isolated complaints.  I have been asked for the Awareness Perk to be improved for some time now and test with and without Awareness in a private game...same location test.  No difference with Awareness selected as a perk.  Right now Awareness is worthless and I wonder why they even put it in the game!

Level 3

in reply to HeroesCOD

Completely agree!  I've experimented with it myself.  I'm almost to the point where I'm convinced that when you use it with dead silence it actually makes enemy quieter. 

This is literally my least favorite part of this game.  Awareness needs to be fixed or buffed, and it needs to happen now...

Level 6

in reply to blackOPSpoo

Awareness and such perks are for tactical players. Way about this game seems to require some for of skil and thought process?

Level 59

in reply to blackOPSpoo

I'm truly convinced that adding Awareness to Dead Silence actually makes footsteps softer than just running Dead Silence alone.  Try it out, see if you agree.

In any case, it's still a pointless perk that should do what it says it does.

1.06 and still no fix to this...  Unbelievable...

Level 6

in reply to blackOPSpoo

Bumping this.  Game has built in Dead Silence rendering that perk useless.  Footsteps are already mostly silent and Dead Silence doesn't cancel out noise the player makes when climbing over something or jumping down from somewhere.  No point in having it.

Awareness only seems to make movement noises louder but not the footsteps.  At least not on most maps.  You can hear them on Aftermath but I can't hear a thing on Metldown.  Weird.  Movement noise (as I'm calling it) seems better with that perk.  You can hear someone jump in the train on express (the train creaks) for example, but not their footsteps until they're 2 steps behind you and knifing you in the back.  Needs a buff.

Edit: It's Express.  Not transit. 

Level 33

in reply to like2nap03

Maybe awareness should pick up people who are sprinting "near" you and put them on your minimap, unless they run dead silence.

Level 4

in reply to Hot-Wire

There's a video posted awhile back comparing all the aspects of awareness and dead silence is what not. Now normally I go find the video and post it here but I'll be honest I don't really care to. Anyway, at the time that video was made dead silence with awareness did not in any way make enemy footsteps softer. There have been a couple patches since so maybe there is a glitch with it now, I don't know because I don't use either.

That being said while I have never come on here and asked for a gun,perk,killstreak or whatever to be buffed or nerfed I will admit the sound in this game does need a buff. Not to the sit rep extent even though yes I used the hell out of sit rep, but a buff even still. This game you never see people running with dead silence. Yea you might run into 1 or 2 every now and then but for the most part it's dexterity, tac mask, engineer. There is a reason no one uses it and it's because you don't need to. There are some points on some maps that amplify noise like on Yemen the metal walkway makes it easy to hear you coming but for the most part your already silent.

So yea I'd like to see a buff to the sound of the game itself which I think in turn would fix the awareness issue, but it it stays the way it is then no big deal to me. And I use Turtle Beach PX5 just so you know I have a headset built to sound whore.

Level 3

in reply to theevilsnuggles

Agreed.  Sitrep pro was too much.  I don't want that back.  Though I too admit I used it like crazy.  See enemy equipment AND makes footsteps louder = OP perk.  (IW balancing for ya)  The bridge on Yemen is a great example.  You won't hear them walking toward it, but you can hear them walking on it but only because the bridge creaks and vibrates with every step.  You hear the bridge making noise because of the extra weight, but you don't hear the actual footsteps.  Same thing with the train on Express that I mentioned.  You can hear it creak when someone climbs on it or jumps on it, but you don't actually hear the footsteps.  Dead silence is built in.  Footsteps are already barely audible.  It doesn't cancel out this movement noise so it is a useless perk.  And that's not even an opinion.  It's a fact.  There's no point in having it.  Awareness makes some of these movement noises louder (or seems to) but you can hear those anyway.  What you can't hear is the footsteps except for on certain spots on certain maps.  Like Aftermath. You can hear people running around pretty well on that map.  I don't know why that one is such a night and day difference from others like Meltdown where I can't hear a thing.

Level 33

in reply to Hot-Wire

I'd rather they just made the footsteps louder overall.  Can't hear them at all without Awareness most of the time.  Even with Awareness it's hit or miss on most maps.  Usually a miss.  They need to be louder overall.  It's funny that you can hear your teammates so well but not the enemy.  Doesn't make since.  Also footsteps are this low because Von thought they were too loud in BO1.  The decision was based on his "personal opinion only".  He's not the customer.  It's Call of Duty.  Not Call of the Ninja.  They just need to be louder.

Level 33

Studios