What was the thought process behind the Target Finder?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: What was the thought process behind the Target Finder?

my nephew calls it the matchmaker.

Level 20

Have I used this attatchment? Yes. Do I use it all the time? No. I mainly run with iron sights until I run into a bunch of camping sh!t bumbs. So if you're you're saying that I use it while camping to find campers, you are right. I adapt until the end of the match and then leave. I don't come running in here to cry about it when there are bigger problems with the game.

Level 19

in reply to mdm123456789

It is pretty effective for finding campers.  It's not a bad choice of optic for ARs and LMGs.  These guns are tough to beat the SMG sprayers in close to mid range with.  The optic helps pick em off at mid-long range.

Level 29

in reply to TEEDEE

Definetly not cheap, the downsides are many to this gun like has some zoom, blocks alot of your peripheral vision, has a counter, and it takes up a slot, the fishy thing about this attachment though is that it improves my hit detection noticeably.

Level 3
Highlighted

in reply to TEEDEE

It was meant to be a futuristic gun optic which isn't too far out in terms of current technology.

I really don't have a problem with this attachment.  Yes, a high percentage of my deaths come from players using the TF, but it's not like it causes the gun to fire itself or the bullets to lock on to an enemy and follow them around the map.  The player still has to have an idea of where to look in the first place, pull the trigger, and ensure that the bullet stream stays on their enemy until the kill is recorded...so basically, same as any other sight.  It does make it a bit easier to fine-tune your aim, but I'm okay with that.

You also have to keep in mind that there are definite disadvantages to using a target finder.  You have absolutely no peripheral vision when aiming down sight on one, and of course your movement is going to be slowed considerably while ADSing.  I do use a TF on my LMG class, and I've suffered quite a few deaths because while I was firing bursts into a sniper across the map someone snuck up right next to me with an SMG or AR.

I also find it deliciously ironic that in a game where so many people are complaining about headglitchers and campers, there's an equal amount of outrage over an attachment which makes it easier to deal with them. 

Level 26

in reply to Harv72

Put friend finder on an if you have aim assist on it all but tracks the enemy all you need to do then is fire an hold steady on the target.

Level 7

Right...just like every other optic, including iron sights.

Level 26

in reply to Harv72

True. The only way to offset the disadvantages is to spend half of your 10 choices supplementing it. One on the Finder itself, mayybe one to bring it up faster, one to move faster while ads, but then to get three attachments you need to spend another two slots on the corresponding Wildcard, and bam, you'just wasted 5 of your 10 slots, and you still have reduced movement compared to everyone else and no peripheral vision while using it.

To me that seems like a pretty high cost just to put a diamond shaped marker on enemies that you'd probably be able to see just fine without it.

Level 15

in reply to Harv72

I also find it deliciously ironic that in a game where so many people are complaining about headglitchers and campers, there's an equal amount of outrage over an attachment which makes it easier to deal with them. 

Love this statement.

Level 29

in reply to TEEDEE

HALO

Level 4

Studios