What should be done about SMGs?

Call of Duty Black Ops II General Discussion

Re: What should be done about SMGs?

in reply to rock_theory

There was a video on You Tube a while back (probably still is) where a group of active duty military used standard urban warfare tactics in some S&D matches against other people.  They wiped their opponents out in each and every round by keeping their squad intact and alternating movement so that someone was always there for cover fire when their teammate was moving.

The conclusion was that it wouldn't work quite as well in game modes with respawning, but in S&D you're basically unstoppable.

Level 26

in reply to Harv72

If only I could find people to play with that would cooperate in such a manner.

Level 7

in reply to -Jedi-

Bouncing Betties are easily countered without requiring perks and have been nerfed since.  Probably because players refuse to use Engineer or Tactical Mask on their classes and whinge at how overpowered they are.

Level 31

in reply to -Jedi-

-Jedi- wrote:

But vs LMG... yeah. SMG will probably win. If you're running around with the damn thing. Which you're not suppose to. Cause LMG's are used for covering fire, anti material, anti Scorestreak, and for killing things behind cover. Treat it like n smg, it'll lose. Treat it like a SR, it'll lose.

That's the problem:

Cover penetration is good enough on ARs and SMGs anyway.

FMJ is a doo-doo of an attachment and is nowhere near the strength of Blind Eye Pro in MW3.

Not enough areas of the maps that allow suppressive fire when compared to MW3.

ADSing takes about a minute unless you use Quickdraw so you then may have to use Primary Gunfighter.  LMG users may wish to use Suppressor so if you want Adjustable Stock as well then that will be 5 points spent.  I could actually run and gun with a sniper rifle more easily because the ADS time is quicker on them than to LMGs but LMGs do have a limited form for closer engagements even if they're not true CQC weapons.

If they don't have more equal map design to cater for specific weapons then at least make the weapon camo and levelling up for them quicker since they are less represented by map design in usage.

Level 31

in reply to beijinghuangyin

nothing should be done with them they are fine the way they are

Level 25
Highlighted

IMHO  they could use a tad more recoil, in watching kill cams, I see almost no movement when I am klled by a skorp, or pdw, or the Chicom.....not the MP7 however......but I think theres more to this problem than meets the eye, I believe with the smaller map size, the chracters speed is a tad too fast IMO...especially if you switch to the knife and run with it.....enemies can be 'on' you in a blink of an eye...if anything they should slow the 'running' down a bit....if anything need recoil added, its the damn snipers...the semi autos can fire of 5 rounds with out so much as a tick of movement of the sights.....but really, in this game, all you need is a pistol and knife, and you can do just as well as using any other weapon...that should say something about this game in itself

Level 17

in reply to Albysky

The Killcams are not spot on. They don't make the recoil relevent to talk about. You have to use the weapons and you'll find most of them have pretty decent recoil. The only one that doesn't is the MSMC, but that's to be expected with a Carbine (Which is what it is)...

MSMC - Modern Sub Machine Carbine

Level 4

SMGs are fine the way they are. Assault rifles actually win.

get a better team together noob

Level 7

Studios