What's this new facination with jumping?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: What's this new facination with jumping?

in reply to Ghamorra

Don't know if you were aware of this but Gomorrah is actually a biblical city.  It was kind of like a city where all the sinners lived.  Yahweh passed a divine judgment upon Gomorrah and the neigboring city of Sodom and had them completely consumed by fire. Its actually a pretty good story from the Book of Genisis.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodom_and_Gomorrah

Level 3
Highlighted

in reply to s_paw1

s_paw1 wrote:

Just out of curiosity, what does ghamorra mean? In my language, its sunburn or somekind of rash on skin lol. But its pronounced 'ghamaurra or ghamourra'.

Its giant Japanese monster, Like Godzilla, or Ghidrah  lol
J/K

Level 17

in reply to Ghamorra

Jumptards.

Level 11

in reply to Ghamorra

it is a way to avoid being hit.

1 - If people are aiming at your head/chest, you will shoot them in the legs and reduce the damage (no multipliers)

2 - To avoid being hit by hip-fired weapons (like myself)

3 - Lag (no different than moving side to side) but it can cause one to point up at the jumper when he is no longer up.. allow said person then to drop shot and kill you.

4 - If someone knows you are coming around the corner, they will not be pointing at the right elevation if you jump (it often catches people of guard, and by the time they adjust... they are dead)

Again, the point is winning gun fights.  If you can do so by:

- Dropping

- Jumping

- moving side-to-side

-etc...

do it.

Side Note: it is not new... I can still remember the 1st time I lost a gun fight in MW2 when someone jumped over my bullets.

Activision Ambassador

It's the ones that spend the whole match jumping in the air non-stop. It's just stupid and takes away form the game personally. I can understand jumping around a corner or if you're coming out of a window. But to run around the map jumping all the time I get annoyed. It's just a pet peeve of mine

Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

I understand...

Yes it is dumb (looking), but I think people do it "in case" they get hit... they do not become sitting targets while trying to figure out where the shot is coming from? not sure...

But I bet people find it no more annoying than the infamous C word.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to Ghamorra

How come when i press x,that i don't seem to be able to jump as high as the pros?

In my book it is the opposite of dropshotting,but still is cheap.

On the otherhand should we not do all we can to try and win 1 on 1 gunfights?

Level 24

in reply to Thesandman11

LMAO!

Creating a class in CoD10:

"I'll choose that gun and that pistol....hmmm....equipment...let see, I'll take the pogo stick and...."

Level 48

in reply to Ghamorra

I'd love it if they took jumping back to the BO1 standard where you couldn't fire until you landed.  That would cut it down alot but I have to admit that since it's in the game this way, I have taken advantage of it to drop down while spraying an opponent below me.  That can be fun but just jumping for jumping's sake I don't have any use for.

Level 69

in reply to phxs72

Or how bout...

You can fire, but your accuracy is terrible?

Level 20

Studios