What's the best strategy to get the free perk on the Nova crawler rounds?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Zombies

What's the best strategy to get the free perk on the Nova crawler rounds?

Keep trying to find a good place to hold up during the crawler rounds with 4 players, we use the trample steams but there is always 1 or 2 that always get by.

Any help on what the best strategy would be?

-D_R

Level 1
11 REPLIES

Re: What's the best strategy to get the free perk on the Nova crawler rounds?

in reply to Damn_Rite

In the room where you build the trample steam, opposite of the B23R is where we hold up during early rounds. We just put 3 trample steams down in a line and none get past. In the later rounds on the roof, we buy claymores as soon as we can, and place them facing a wall or somewhere they won't get triggered and then pick up them as needed to kill the NOVA crawlers if they get past the trample steams.

Level 2

in reply to MrMilky

Are you talking about the room to the back of the work bench where you build the trample steam?

Level 1

in reply to Damn_Rite

i find the best way to do this is all 4 of you guys buy bowie knife and then hold off by claymores worked for me and my friends

hope this helps

Level 1

in reply to Damn_Rite

Honestely, it's really easy no matter where you are at. Just set down a trample steam and run circles around it.

Level 4

in reply to Damn_Rite

By far the easiest way I found is the little hallway on the roof halfway between the 2 perk elevators and the dragon. Set a trample steam in each doorway. They never get through but just in case its nice to have bowie or knuckles.

Level 10

in reply to BigHeadN

BigHeadN wrote:

By far the easiest way I found is the little hallway on the roof halfway between the 2 perk elevators and the dragon. Set a trample steam in each doorway. They never get through but just in case its nice to have bowie or knuckles.

THIS ^^^^^ is hands down the best method.  We put one TS at each doorway and one in the middle.  On a rare occasion 2 will jump at the same time and one will get in but with all four people in there 2 on each side... we just knife the little SOB together.  Never not got the perk with all four of us in the hallway. 

Have missed it though when 3 of us go into the hallway and the 4th guy wants to be Lone Ranger off by himself somewhere because he thinks his method is better.  Of course he ends up shooting one because he "had too".

Level 44
Highlighted

in reply to Damn_Rite

Another technique that can be used on the roof is the set 3 up in a line running up the middle.  Leave enough space between them, and all players just run a figure 8 around/between them.  They will follow you, and eventually one of the three tramps will kill them.

When playing solo, drop the tramp, and just run a continous circle around it.

Level 13

in reply to Damn_Rite

I agree with MrMilky. That's been proven to be a useful method to get your free perk.

The area where the workbench is, under the PDW level.

You and your players should have your backs at the wall facing B23R, with your Tramps in place.

Works everytime.

Though if you do end up having to fight one that gets across, it's good to have galvaknuckles.

Level 2

in reply to Damn_Rite

SOLO the best way is to find a good corner take one or two steps and set the trample steam down so that crawlers can't touch you without jumping on it, and wait till they all die....Free perk every time

(Make sure the trample is not gonna fling you off the building just in case)

Level 2

Studios