What maps should I use SMG's and what maps to use assault rifles?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

What maps should I use SMG's and what maps to use assault rifles?

I'm fairly new to the game. Just wondering which type of guns will perform better on certain maps.

List of maps to help you guys out:

Aftermath

Cargo

Carrier

Drone

Express

Hijacked

Meltdown

Overflow

Plaza

Raid

Slums

Standoff

Turbine

Yemen

Level 1
6 REPLIES

Re: What maps should I use SMG's and what maps to use assault rifles?

to be blunt, it all ultimately depends on how YOU play the game, how I play will vary from you and how I use a SMG or AR varies to how you use it and what scenario you find your self in. Try each various gun in each map and you will soon find your answer.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

Carrier and turbine are my AR maps.

Level 8

I second IZJAR. It isn't which guns perform better, It's how you perform with them.

Try the weapons that you are repeatedly killed with. After messing around with a bunch of guns, say 500 or so kills, check your gun stats. On MW2 this stat really surprised me; my best KD came from the AR I hated using.

Don't invest too much time in perks until you know how you most often die. I feel that guns are for killing, perks are for staying alive. Tired of being blown up? stunned? heard? killed while reloading to slow?

Level 8

in reply to MrZombieClowns1

MrZombieClowns wrote:

Don't invest too much time in perks until you know how you most often die. I feel that guns are for killing, perks are for staying alive. Tired of being blown up? stunned? heard? killed while reloading to slow?

I went through a phase where I would play with only a primary and secondary (no perks) to teach myself how to maneuver in the game. Best lesson of humility, remove those things your familiar with and force your self to improve.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Izjar11

I've done similar things a few times. Mw3 I ranked up only using a riot shield and handgun(s). BO2 I've ranked up one of my names using only the first shotgun and first handgun. I'm currently ranking up another name not using a create-a-class at all. I chose 1 from the five 3arc gave me.

A good lesson learned is that if you only use one thing, you might get really good with that one thing.

Level 8
Highlighted

I've used both rather sucessfully on all of them.  So it really depends on your personal playstyle.  However, if you are looking for what most people do then here is what I've observed.

SMG:

Aftermath

Express

Hijacked

Meltdown

Plaza

Slums

Standoff

AR:

Cargo

Carrier

Drone

Overflow

Raid

Turbine

Yemen

Again, you can easily have great games on any of these maps with either but this is what I've seen most folks use.

Level 69

Studios