What makes you immune to sentry guns?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

I thought it was blindeye.Well yesterday i was targeted and killed twice while wearing blindeye and coldblooded,and before you say maybe it was targeting someone else nope just me no one else near me.Anyone else notice this yesterday?

Level 3
13 REPLIES

Re: What makes you immune to sentry guns?

in reply to grimsley

The sentry guns are incredibly effective / precise and useful and are a welcome change from MW3 version.

In my experience attacking them head on results in death! Nothing you can do. Go from behind if possible. I've shot launchers at them / emp's works good.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to grimsley

I keep getting killed by sentry guns and warthogs even with blind eye on.

In theory the only way a sentry gun could kill with blind eye on is with a player directly controlling it but i've never scaped a sentry gun sight... ever

I gave up and now i have a class set up with EMP a granade to get rid of the damn thing

Level 4

in reply to Rodbaker

black hat pda/engineer combo works very to counter this also

Level 7

in reply to grimsley

I hack a lot of them with the black hat.

Level 20

in reply to SanAndreasPsych1

absolutly love the black hat i think it is one of the best things they added to the game. i got two on almost every class i run and i can't count the amount of times it saved me from BBs, claymores and such. mapfloors seem to be full of this crappSmiley Happy

Level 7

in reply to grimsley

Blind Eye works so long as it's AI controlled and none of your teamates are drawing it's fire on you.  The same goes for the Warthog even though I often get killed by it but everytime I've found a teamate nearby that caused it to fire.  Of course, if the Sentry is user controlled they will see you even with Cold Blooded on but you won't have a red diamond.  I find that Cold Blooded isn't all that effective unless you are headglitching and even then it's only minimal.

Level 69
Highlighted

in reply to grimsley

Chuck a emp grenade at it and its gone same with guardians and a.r.g tanky thing mines claymore Smiley Wink

Level 12

in reply to grimsley

The answer to this, I am sorry to say, is NOTHING.

If you read the descriptions for the Perks, both Blind Eye and Cold Blooded are very specific about what they do for the player when equiped:

Blind Eye says

"Undetectable by AI CONTROLLED AIR SUPPORT",

while Cold Blooded says

"Immune to TARGETING SYSTEMS (and provides examples) and player AIRCRAFT"

Since the Sentry Gun is neither "AI Controlled Air Support", nor a "Targeting System", nor an "Aircraft", neither of these Perks will have any effect on it's ability to target you.

(As for Rodbaker's post above about being targeted by Warthogs, I imagine that this is because they strafe across the map rather than attacking specific targets, so even Cold Blooded will not save you from being in their line of fire)

Level 15

in reply to Mojo332

Mojo set us straight on this in another thread yesterday.  It seems like they gave us 4 really useful perks, and the rest are just there.  Scavenger, Engineer, Tactical Mask are good,  Fast hands and Toughness are just ok.  The rest need some attention.  Just my opinion.

Level 29

Studios