What are the Devs going to do to curb the DLC issues of MW3

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: What are the Devs going to do to curb the DLC issues of MW3

in reply to sstang1

I'm glad I don't have Twitter lol

Level 75

in reply to sstang1

Well, because it's Treyarch, i guess they will use a similar system that was in WaW, everyone was matched together and you were booted from the lobby if a DLC map was voted in.

Level 22

in reply to Raketti

I have a nasty feeling that this is exactly how it's going to work. We experienced this last week when Nuketown came up and a clan member had forgotten to install it. The map was voted in, he got kicked and the rest of us were put into the game. Cue everyone backing out of the game before it even started (and likely upsetting the other team members, we all like an instant host migration right..?) and trying to reform the party.

Level 2

in reply to Ghamorra

I bought the game - I bought the DLC - it should be my choice if I want to play with or without it - the enable/disable button in MW3 was great but you could even go so far as to have a menu that you tell the game which DLC packs to enable

DLC 1 Enabled

DLC 2 Enabled

DLC 3 Enabled

DLC 4 [  ] Disabled

Would mean I would only play with people that had the first three map packs.

Level 24

in reply to Ghamorra

I will not be purchasing any of the DLC for BO2.  The game is fun, but since no one is minding the store it's full of glitchers/boosters.  The lack of any Treyarch involment in these forums is also a major let down.

I think BO2 is my final foray in to CoD.  It feels good to say that.

Level 2

in reply to Ghamorra

I hope it is like Black Ops 1 where they had a seperate playlist for DLC, and in that playlist you could choose the game type, TDM or moshpit and so on 

Level 9
Highlighted

in reply to Ghamorra

Why is it that good thoughful threads like this get very few responses and silly threads go on for pages and pages ?

Level 24

in reply to sstang1

Because threads that are not complaining sessions do not need responses as the point is clear.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to Ghamorra

I was pleased to hear that the DLC would be avalable to everyone at the same time......I purchased elite in MW3 for the DLC content.....then didnt get to play it that much because 1/2 of my freinds didnt buy elite and waited for the general public release.....so if i wanted to play the new content, i had to so with only part of my freinds......like "G" said in the OP it segerated the players

I would favor putting all the DLC into the normal rotation of game modes, then when a DLC map was picked to play .....the people who did not have that map ....had two options .....either set in the lobby and wait for the match end, or just leave that lobby,

Having the DLC in its own playlist seperates the players once again ...

Level 16

Random team members get booted out of lobbies every 6th game anyway.  Getting booted for not having DLC would be no different I guess.  The problem is, every time a DLC map comes up, it's gonna get voted on, and they'll probably have them set up to appear more often.  I really can't see DLC/non DLC matchmaking working properly at all.

Level 29

Studios