What Lag?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Highlighted

Re: What Lag?

in reply to jeff_4141

And over two months later there failing BIG Styley.

Level 12

in reply to iHuntU1

I used to say the same until BO2.When playing MW3, I use to come at the forum just to see almost everyone mentioning lag when I barely got any. I got a few but only if others in my house used netflix or other streaming. While on game, any gunfight I lost, i blamed it on myself.

Now, putting more focus on how I die (because I die a lot on BO2), I found out enemies were split seconds ahead of me. Killcam would show me not shooting at all when I have already shot few rounds. The rest of the game feels normal mostly but you are always few split seconds behind enemies.

There was a video posted earlier on this forum about lag compensation. If you look at the video you will know whats going on.

Level 10

in reply to s_paw1

Re: "There was a video posted earlier on this forum about lag compensation. If you look at the video you will know whats going on."

Haha! Not unless someone beats them over the head, and I'm not even sure that would work. In reality those that are constantly on the right side of the lag problem are not really interested in entertaining the idea that they might have an unfair advantage while they are in "beast mode". lol

Level 20

in reply to s_paw1

"Now, putting more focus on how I die (because I die a lot on BO2), I found out enemies were split seconds ahead of me. Killcam would show me not shooting at all when I have already shot few rounds. The rest of the game feels normal mostly but you are always few split seconds behind enemies."

This is exactly what I used to see on previous COD titles. On this one, it seems like more of 1/2 - 1 second difference (as opposed to 1 - 2 seconds). Still not perfect, but certainly better than I was experiencing before.

As for people who might think that I'm on the "right side of the lag problem" or that I'm enjoying "an unfair advantage", I've upgraded my internet package from the standard to the best available since playing BO1.

If paying double what I used to for internet service provides me with an advantage, then I'll gladly take it, than you very much!

Level 15

in reply to iHuntU1

from what i read lag happens by how im connected to the host...if i have a better faster internet connection to the host i get more lag...how is it im never host then..or how do you kno whos host ?  ..i have a fast 50x5 connection but never seem to be a host,ive looked at the connection right at the beginning of matches and from time to time youll see who has better connection vs others,im never in the green till everyone is connected and the match starts.but ill always have full bars while playing the game .. dont ya think the host should be the one who consistently has the better connection

Level 3

in reply to iHuntU1

lag is a huge problem, spraying say 6 bullets at a guy and only 2 or 3 registering makes a huge difference. pre-firing a guy just to watch the killcam say he killed u before u raised your gun also makes a big difference, spraying a guy down only to have him glitch out of your hail of bullets and insta drop u also makes a difference. getting hitmarkers on your screen but not on your killers screen sucks too.

Level 15

in reply to iHuntU1

I am currently putting together a video of my lag experience. Putting together clips, with screenshots of my awesome internet. Will be labeled in the title on youtube, @treyarch for sure.

I am a youtube partner also.

This game is still, STILL uplayable for me, ever since its release. I have clips together allready, lots of them, of me aiming dead center, 5 feet away from a guy, and the first 4 bullets I shoot into him, dont even get hit markers..by that time, the dude is shooting me, and kills me, (which may be another issue, not lag). I cannot shoot anyone that is moving, because their hitbox is somewhere else in time. Not where I am shooting.
I see people killing me with smg's, like the PDW,...pshh, when I use that thing, it shoots freaking marshmellows. They kill me in 4 bullets or less close range, and here I am spraying tons, and then nothing.

That is why I am here right now, scouring the forums for a miracle.

Otherwise I would be playing the game.

Level 5

in reply to iHuntU1

Well, I think that what people is complaining about is not "lag", as defined by those in this post. That difference between the vision of two players in a match is commonly known as "lag".

The issue, however, is far more complicated.

I'm experiencing this for a couple of days now and it's frustating..

I always had a NAT 3 and played MW2, MW3, BO1 and BO2 normally (with small lag issues, but without restriction).

A few days ago the game, in multiplayer online mode, is just freezing!

And by freezing I mean you are playing the game and, all of a sudden, everybody just stops moving... only you can walk (other players, no matter which team, start to move without moving, if you know what I mean).

Then, in a few seconds, you are in other place (near where you moved to) and everybody else is deslocated (because they were moving while you were in some sort of limbo).

I was playing infected in MW3 yesterday and I found the last survivor and knifed him. For me, though, nothing happened. He was still there, frozen, people all around, frozen as well, and I was hitting him with the knife and nothing was happening. I even laid in front of him.

But when I was back, it was showing the final killcam and I got him the first time I tryed!

Sometimes it is so terrible that I'm kicked out of the lobby (server connection timeout).

I tryed everything I could think of (change the modem, put the router in bridge mode, put psn in DMZ, tested the internet connection etc etc etc). Nothing worked, though now I have a NAT 2.

So what do you suggest me to do?!

Level 1

in reply to Killer_Zombie1

Level 1

in reply to iHuntU1

as of the past two weeks, this game has been unplayable. up until then it was very fair and i enjoyed playing. i know only play MW2 and MW3.

i'm SO glad i didn't pay for this game. nor the DLC. nor the MW3 DLC.

Level 14

Studios