We can report everything but minors?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: We can report everything but minors?

in reply to Dagimp

Even when there's a reporting feature in place there are rarely any penalties dished out. PSN has a player reporting area but to my knowledge there has never been anyone actually punished as a result of being reported. No one really cares! Why? Because no one is forcing you to play with people that do things you find offensive. Player reporting features are only put in place to let the offended party feel like he's getting some kind of justice for what he finds offensive....nothing more. Unless a player is actually doing something illegal, there's little anyone will do to stop them.

No way on Earth is Activision going to start punishing their paying customers for being 'immature' or anything else they do that some might find offensive. They don't care to play the part of 'COD policemen' and they aren't going to. If someone is offending you then mute them or find another match...simple as that!

The 'M' rating is simply a guidline for helping responsible parents make purchasing decisions for their children. Doubtful that any of the kids you've had issues with are children of responsible or caring parents. Way too many parents today are just satisfied to see their kids (or rather, NOT see their kids) sitting in their bedrooms doing whatever they want as long as it's keeping them quiet. Sad as that might be.

Last thing...you seem to be suggesting that something magical happens at age 18 that turns kids into mature and respectful adults. In my experience the worst things I've heard and seen are from those 18 and over. Something about the ability to talk on a mic anonymously makes some people turn into complete idiots. The 'adults' are the worst I've seen for making both, inappropriate comments and inappropriate emblems.

Seems there are way too many grown men who enjoy creating images of penises way too much! Not sure what it is about giving a grown man some basic shapes to create with that turns him into a penis loving fool. It seems a little weird to me but....to each his own! Who am I to judge another man for wanting to look at male genitalia all day long?

Level 4

in reply to TheDigitalDoom

TheDigitalDoom wrote:

Even when there's a reporting feature in place there are rarely any penalties dished out. PSN has a player reporting area but to my knowledge there has never been anyone actually punished as a result of being reported. No one really cares! Why? Because no one is forcing you to play with people that do things you find offensive. Player reporting features are only put in place to let the offended party feel like he's getting some kind of justice for what he finds offensive....nothing more. Unless a player is actually doing something illegal, there's little anyone will do to stop them.

No way on Earth is Activision going to start punishing their paying customers for being 'immature' or anything else they do that some might find offensive. They don't care to play the part of 'COD policemen' and they aren't going to. If someone is offending you then mute them or find another match...simple as that!

The 'M' rating is simply a guidline for helping responsible parents make purchasing decisions for their children. Doubtful that any of the kids you've had issues with are children of responsible or caring parents. Way too many parents today are just satisfied to see their kids (or rather, NOT see their kids) sitting in their bedrooms doing whatever they want as long as it's keeping them quiet. Sad as that might be.

Last thing...you seem to be suggesting that something magical happens at age 18 that turns kids into mature and respectful adults. In my experience the worst things I've heard and seen are from those 18 and over. Something about the ability to talk on a mic anonymously makes some people turn into complete idiots. The 'adults' are the worst I've seen for making both, inappropriate comments and inappropriate emblems.

Seems there are way too many grown men who enjoy creating images of penises way too much! Not sure what it is about giving a grown man some basic shapes to create with that turns him into a penis loving fool. It seems a little weird to me but....to each his own! Who am I to judge another man for wanting to look at male genitalia all day long?

actually in alot of games (mainly mmos) people get bans from report features.Also i have seen mainy embles changed from xxx stuff and what not to general so they look into it somewhat... i am not asking for there to be anything like that since we all know activition stops caring about the game after release date

i just want a feature to  be put there so i feel like there is a small chance this annoying kids could have something done weather its perma muted and what not.

And i am not implying something magcal happens at 18, but the older you get the more dignified (i geuss is a decent word to use) you are. could happen at an early age, some people dont get it till they are 40 or older. and thats why i said the under 17 group could play in the over 18 group but could be knocked out for acting imature.

Level 2

Well, I disagree that there shouldn't be some basic level moderation as this is needed in ANY type of forum you encounte rin public spaces. However, as a 31 year old, I fully agree that absolutely NOTHING magical happens to 18 year olds that makes them mature. Get old enough and you realize you aren't even human until around age 25. Us 30 years olds are just barely figuring out how to behave ourselves as it is.

Level 1

in reply to Dagimp

Game is doomed done say anything about lag comp the truth

Level 12

in reply to hyper72

Uhhhh.....WHAT?!?!

Try to fully express your thoughts by putting the words into sentences next time. Does no good to just throw all of the words onto a post....they need to be in order or they mean nothing to anyone.

Level 4
Highlighted

Does no good........try doesn't do any good.....queens english you sausage.

Level 12

in reply to hyper72

You're funny!

Sausage? Is that some English slang or something? You folks over there crack me up! The effeminate way you speak and the silly terminology you use in a feeble attempt to be offensive. I'll let you in on a little secret...no one has their feelings hurt by being called a 'Sausage' or 'Wanker' or any of the other comical terms you use.

Over here, we get a little chuckle out of it.

BTW....your post still hasn't been explained. It's still just a bunch of words thrown onto the page, in no certain order. Complete gibberish!

Thanks for the laugh though...it's been fun.

Level 4

Sorry forgot you talk in different tounge errrrr english.....,,got to be careful normally you start wars over petty things.....hale americaaaaaaa

Level 12

in reply to Dagimp

I would like the abilty to report tha dumb a$$ wanna be CoD DJs playing music in the lobbies like they are cool.

Level 6

in reply to Dagimp

is the mute all except party missing in some games or what

Level 2

Studios