Using a Sniper Rifle and Camping has Gone ..............unrealistic Game play?

Call of Duty Black Ops II General Discussion

Re: Using a Sniper Rifle and Camping has Gone ..............unrealistic Game play?

in reply to Albysky

They probably are because Lightweight is a pretty heavily used Perk, I believe. Add in all the SMG/shotgun/knife use and they're essentially running at 107% speed, lol.

Level 24

Re: Using a Sniper Rifle and Camping has Gone ..............unrealistic Game play?

in reply to gford1

Get battlefield 3

Level 2

in reply to gford1

Cold-Blooded, Toughness, and Hardline. They might find you on UAV, but if you're good, be damned if you're a hard spot to remove from your post. Claymores/Betties/Shocks help too.

Just don't snipe on Carrier unless you have 2-3 people covering you. Way too many directions you can be shot from to go it alone (unless they're stupid and rush into your sight).

Level 7

in reply to gford1

The change to Ghost hasn't really affected me but I run and gun a lot.  However, I would have no problem with it if they changed it back.  I thought that it was a silly change to begin with.

Level 69

in reply to phxs72

As a lot of people mentioned in the past, the exclusion of things like One Man Army and Juggernaut (in the same tier as stealth stuff) is what really allowed Ghost/Assassin (Pro) really go "unopposed" in BLOPs and MW3. If they brought back such things to make people have to choose and/or give others a fairly equal chance to fight against it, then it wouldn't have needed the nerf probably.

Level 24

in reply to gford1

The thing is that even if you had all those perks your physical being is still visible.

I do okay as a sniper with what is available. Low profile and creativity make you less visible but short of a stealth suit or invisible perk you can still be seen. Just as a sniper has to hide themselves you have to keep yourself hidden.

Sniping points don't always need to be from above either.

I think the best solution isn't necessarily  more perks but bigger maps so the enemy cant see you from one end of the map.

Level 4

in reply to gford1

Um no the perks are fine this is all I need is Cold Blooded and Toughness or I can still use Ghost if you knew anything about realistic sniping you would realize that this game is an Arcade Military FPS meaning it does not have to be realistic also there is no UAV Spam just Target Finder Spam lol. Also there is a thing called mobile sniping meaning you get a kill then leave that area or move to a different position ever think of that of course not cause you think sniping is corner camping. The only time a sniper stays in an area after a kill is if there are more enemies coming their way they don't stay in that spot if they have an objective. So yea enough with this crap about Ghost cause you know you just wanna use it to camp.

Level 23

in reply to Adam1234567893

You must play some REALLY lucky lobbies then because, from my experience, it's not much different than MW3 with constantly hearing "Enemy UAV inbound!" almost every couple minutes.

On the flip side, I only see Target Finders in moderation.

The only sniper that really fits special ops snipers like the type of action here is the SVU due to its lighter weight, allowing for quicker movements on the go without it hindering you too greatly and to set up in different positions with its semi-auto fire allowing the user to hold down a certain area a little bit. The other, bigger, more powerful snipers (especially bolt action ones) are more for the type of real long range sniping where the user could be half a mile or more away where they don't HAVE to worry about people catching onto their position too quickly and finding them like you can here.

Thus, that's where the realism cuts off. With the way the game has gone since CoD4, actual sniping, "hardscoping" has little place in the game. May as well NOT include sniper rifles in the series at all anymore. Heck, they could take out every primary but SMGs and it wouldn't make that much a difference in gameplay.

Level 24

in reply to gford1

Here is an idea that I think they should add they should make it where if you are staying still you are slightly cloaked but you are still on the radar and if you are moving you lose your cloaking ability but you are gone from the radar that way if it really is snipers complaining they can't be seen.

Level 23

in reply to gford1

Play some Battlefield 3 mate. There you can snipe to your hearts content.
I'm so glad that Treyarch has done what they did with Ghost. Ghost was the most abused/bullshit perk in Black Ops. Not bad that I couldn't kill people like MW3 and Assassin just annoying. So many times I'd play a lobby that had at LEAST 3 guys sitting in corners with claymores protected by ghost.
As for sniping... play Black Ops 1 if you want to snipe so bad or as I said, BF3.
Except for Black Ops 1 and Black Ops 2, when has the role of a sniper in COD been that of, well, a sniper. Every Modern Warfare game was quick scope heavy rush. You go back and play either 2 or 3 and you'll still find lobbies full of quickdraw MSR guys.
Black Ops is the only one that brings actual sniping where you hunker down and wait for an enemy.
MW gave rise to YouTube quick scoping vids. All you saw were guys with snipers running around getting quick scopes. How would ghost have helped them(or assasin)?

Level 1

Studios