Using a Sniper Rifle and Camping has Gone ..............unrealistic Game play?

Call of Duty Black Ops II General Discussion

Re: Using a Sniper Rifle and Camping has Gone ..............unrealistic Game play?

in reply to gford1

I think what most players have missed through out is that BO 2 was meant to be a fast paced game without campers and corner lurkers hence the change in ghost.

Level 21
Highlighted

Re: Using a Sniper Rifle and Camping has Gone ..............unrealistic Game play?

in reply to gford1

Traditional sniping has been kicked out of the game for a long, long time.

Level 31

in reply to gford1

People would camp even without stealth Perks and still be somewhat successful against an average player.

Actually saw many people in MW3 who still camped, but didn't use  Assassin (Pro) sometimes purposely just so people WOULD know where they are when a UAV was up because they know that if they stay there and people know where they are, then they'll most likely come running to find them. As nothing but a red dot on a minimap, it may reveal their general location, but it won't reveal just what they're doing. The only time they'll move around is if an AUAV is up (or Blackbird in BLOPS or VSAT in BLOPs II) because it actually reveals which way they're looking and their movements in real time, so enemies will know which way NOT to charge in as they'll know they're facing that way, waiting for them or if they turn towards their direction.

And even then, there are tons of people who "only use <their> eyes" and don't even glance at the minimap, even when a UAV or anything is up to reveal enemy positions because they don't want to be seen as "red dot chasers", so even if the minimap says they're right next to them down the hallway, they'll STILL be taken by surprise by that person because they just never bothered to look (and then wonder where they came from/how he killed them and such).

I've always kept saying that people need to use a balanced amount of the minimap AND their own senses.

I can't count the number of times I would see an enemy running towards where 2 or 3 teammates are in a room from the first floors, gunfighting people in the room across halls in Drone or across the houses in Standoff, or on Carrier or something, and even when the first guy guarding the door/flank is killed, the other 1-2 people don't even GLANCE in that direction, despite the obvious sound of the guy going "ARGH!" from dying coupled with the sound of (suppressive) gunfire (and/or not noticing the red dot appearing on the minimap from unsuppressed fire and/or the greed arrow of their 3rd teammate disappearing from being killed), allowing the enemy to move around and take out the other two easily.

And to top it all off, again, wondering how the enemy "snuck up on them" and such.

Same on the flip side. A teammates(s) would be running around more than likely staring at their minimap, hoping to see a red dot(s) appear, only for an enemy(s), in plain view, come out of a door ahead of them, and the teammate(s) run right past that enemy(s), and the enemy(s) kill them.

Level 24

in reply to Gerbera

Sitrep pro is right. Traditional sniping is a lost art in CoD. The last game where a traditional sniper could do some good for the team was MW2. Since then the devs had been taking away from the traditional sniper every advantage he has. Prefering quickscopes instead.

The idea of loadout specific perks is an awsome one. And one I would really enjoy. I think it would add a new dimension to the gaming experience. But the sad reality is that these games are built and designed for the pre-teens ( which shouldn't be on this game online imo) and up to mid twenty's. All they want to do is run around and spray bullets, as you said "like chickens with their heads cut off".

Level 2

in reply to derf2424

sitrep pro was to strong, awarness is to weak. this game needs the imbetween, 3arch overcompensated this error =/.

MW2 still has best map design.

Level 22

in reply to T-boss

Ehn. I'd liek to disagree. WAY too many open places with little cover. Either it was a map with building upon building thrust in your eyes or plain open space. Either an AC-130 would rape you or a chopper gunner through building windows.
I feel Black Ops 1 had MUCH more balanced maps. Every map was open yet not so much. Except for Nuketown, all the maps were quite well balanced.
Add to the fact that the spawning was improved 50 fold compared to MW2.
MW2- call in chopper gunner, spawn trap enemy until chopper leaves
Black Ops 1 - even if spawn trapped, will switch somewhere else after a couple deaths
Maps like Afhgan/Estate were just too big. Wastland was... AC-130 heaven. Karachi was heli heaven. And so on.
IDK. I personally found Black Ops 1 maps to be awesome. A more tradtional sniping role could be taken.

Level 1

in reply to derf2424

Traditional sniping? What exactly is "tradtional sniping?" Running around with sleight of hand pro with the added effect of faster ADS? That was in MW2 if you can't rememeber, not Black Ops. Black Ops 1 prevented faster ADS on sleight of hand with snipers. Black Ops 1 gave rise to a more "tradtional sniping." Where you sat in one place, covering the assault/lmg/smg carrying guys.
I have no idea how you can think that MW2 had more of a tradional sniping compared to Black Ops 1.

Level 1

in reply to gford1

UAV is the issue with ghost, ghost if it blocked UAV guarnteed would have been fine. the problem: UAV get spammed way to much. if i had my way UAV wouldnt exist. but for balance, UAV would need to be 25 points away from CUAV. UAV would also need to be above hunterkiller as well UAV is better than hunterkiller. setting it up like 500 HK, 525: UAV 550: CUAV 575: carepackage.

as for those who complain about UAV being high, low score per kill in TDM and FFA is the issue there, not the UAV.

also if UAV is that high a normal ghost would be balanced, should still be seperated from blindeye though.

as for map design. this is just the common 3arch issue of overcompensation. like with snipers in BO. teh best map designs need veriety.

Level 22

in reply to gford1

If you want to play as a sniper, play Battlefield 3. Sniping has never been realistic in CoD and never will.

Level 3

in reply to gford1

this game is just run run as fast as you can .  It's getting old fast, they even made the running speeds faster it seems to me .  I'm popped in mw 3 the other day, and it felt like I was running in slow motion . 

Level 17

Studios