Unbalanced game - Needs some nerfs.

Call of Duty Black Ops II General Discussion

Unbalanced game - Needs some nerfs.

Well, I bought Call of Duty - Black Ops 2 on it's pre-sale, I tought that all the changes (Attachments, perks, create-a-class, maps, respawns, game modes, etc etc) would make this game a hundred times better than Modern Warfare 3 and the other CoDs, mainly the best CoD ever.

But on the first days of gameplay I started to think that the game was going to be even worse than Modern Warfare 3. Possibility of Head-Glitch on every corner of the maps, spawn traps (Tought this was only on Modern Warfare 3), campers with bouncing betty, shock charge, etc.

After playing for some more time I got used to that. This ain't affect the game too much, but there is some other things that since I started playing they've been a pain in the a**. Here are them and some balance suggestions.

-

Shotguns

My first Black Ops 2 game ever was on a map called Hijacked. I loved this map so much. For a month that was my favorite map, until CoD noobs discovered the Shotgun. Now everytime on Hijacked you usually have to play against 3~4 shotgunners, with shotguns (Like KSG) that have a ridiculous long range and can kill you in 1 shot, basically a Sniper without scope and incredible more accurate on hip fire.

Suggestions

Decrese Shotgun's range, decrease damage, increase the "pump-action animation" time.

Hip Fire

At the start, everyone was thinking that the hip fire was like Modern Warfare 3's one = Impossible to hit people 10 feet (Try to imagine this measure ingame) away from you. But then people discovered that a well applied hip fire can kill people up to 30~ feet and with laser sight, maybe more than that. Even Assault Rifles are good on hip fire.

Suggestions

Bring back Modern Warfare 1's hip fire.

Spawn Traps

On Modern Warfare 3, those were very common. On Black Ops 2, they are harder to do but you can still do it with some skill.

Suggestions

3~5 seconds of Immortality after respawned sounds great.

Drop Shot

Suggestions

I know this shouldn't be nerfed, but I just think that when you are going prone you should be unable to shot for a longer time, or your crosshair should grow really big that you would miss 90% of the bullets fired from the hip.

Bouncing Betty/Shock Charges

Suggestions

The sound of Bouncing Betties right before exploding should be a little higher, sometimes you can't hear it in the middle of a gunfire and go prone on time. And Shock Charges should also be bigger or have a brighet light, sometimes you can't see it. (I use Tactical Mask/Flak Jacket and this doesn't affect me so much, but people are getting mad at that)

-

Well that's all to a perfect balanced game for now. If you agree/disagree with something, reply this thread

Level 1
21 REPLIES

Re: Unbalanced game - Needs some nerfs.

in reply to Pleguinmeine

Disagree heavily with your shotgun argument. There are only 2 worth using, the R870 is statistically worse than any other viable shotty from past titles and only dangerous if you allow the user to get close to you. The KSG fires a single slug and thus requires high precision. If you are consistently beaten by a KSG you are being outplayed.

Level 31

in reply to Bielsalmighty

Well, I don't know, I find the KSG heavily overpowered when I played on Hijacked with it, 0 attachments, Team Deathmatch and made a score of 29/6... My team lost that game for something like 75/36, so I got round 80% of the kills from my team (The other team was really better).

The other shotguns are really bad, I agree with you, only worth in close-quarter maps.

Level 1

in reply to Pleguinmeine

I don't get the big deal with the KSG honestly; if you have even the slightest lag then it's almost impossible to hit anything with it.

Level 32

in reply to Bielsalmighty

I agree with your argument for the KSG, but the R870 is ust plain overpowered. It can reach extaordinarily far with long barrel, and kill in 1~2 shots. I am fine with the 1 shot kill because its a shotgun, but the range is way to far. IMO the range should be decreased by 25%.

Level 1
Highlighted

in reply to deathcom117

Hell no. The only shottys from past cods that are comparable (the Spas-12 and the Stakeout) have MORE range, even when the R870 is Long Barrelled AND Laser Sighted. No-one fussed about them, but when the community picks up SMGs in a big way and winds up going for CQC encounters, all of a sudden shotguns become more moaned about.

Fact is, if you let an R870 user shoot you twice, you deserved to die. If you let them get near enough to you in the first place, more fool you/well played them.

Level 31

in reply to Pleguinmeine

what does need to be nerfed is the emp grenade.. it should take 3 of them to destroy a sentry..

it takes  alot to get it, and for someone just to have an emp handle in their  load out to destroy it, makes it way OP

emp should be maily for BB, claymores, shock charges.. for anything bigger, should take 3

Level 15

in reply to Err0r_6_

I also think that the crosshair/radar disable from EMP grenades are really big... Something like... 10 seconds?

Level 1

in reply to Err0r_6_

Sentry guns are easy to get kill streaks, thats why its easy to take them out. I run high streaks so I dont gotta worry about EMP's

Level 3

in reply to zKaiZeRx

well they arent the hardest to get, but it takes a good amount of kills to get, and it should take 1 emp grenade that some random player has in his load out to take it out

Level 15

Studios