UNTIL THERE IS A GAME ENHANCING REASON [FOR THE COMMUNITY], AND BOII FUNCTIONS EFFECTIVELY TO MANAGE THIS FAIRLY, PROBATION FOR QUIT-OUTS SHOULD BE REMOVED

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: UNTIL THERE IS A GAME ENHANCING REASON [FOR THE COMMUNITY], AND BOII FUNCTIONS EFFECTIVELY TO MANAGE THIS FAIRLY, PROBATION FOR QUIT-OUTS SHOULD BE REMOVED

in reply to moore51

moore51 wrote:

Well this all happened on Black Ops 1 and u all still bought Black Ops 2, So guess what, You'll all buy Black Ops 3 or MW4

some people who bought BO did not buy BOII, some people who bought BOII did not buy BO, some people who bought BO or BOII will not buy BO3 so you're simply incorrect here

so whats the point in complaining.

The point in pointing out errors or making critical comments is to provide feedback to devs, to generate community empathy and unity, to outline areas most in need of improvement. Some problems, if not pointed out, will simply not be addressed.

I personally am gonna go back on MW3 for a while and not buy another cod game. Its all the same on every edition made. If everyone stopped playing for at least a week, it might send a message that they have to listen to.

It would send a message if it were done to a significant scale, but is almost impossible to organise, so many differing experiences on BOII, so many differing personalities and attitudes plus the net result is not guaranteed, the action could backfire in some way.

So just change games for a while.   Happy Gaming People!!

Likewise.

Level 34

Re: UNTIL THERE IS A GAME ENHANCING REASON [FOR THE COMMUNITY], AND BOII FUNCTIONS EFFECTIVELY TO MANAGE THIS FAIRLY, PROBATION FOR QUIT-OUTS SHOULD BE REMOVED

in reply to RobbieRocket

In the majority of cases it is actually correct. The majority of people will follow the series. It is only the minority that might buy one game and not the next. But i would think that is all gonna change now.

Level 1
Highlighted

in reply to RobbieRocket

I got a probation yesterday morning (thursday) playing as a random.....i had quit two games back to back because they were not playable due to lag....(i dont normally quit games but i wasnt in the mood to deal with it yesterday) ...my 3rd game on HiJacked i had a bad placed Lighting Strike  and took out my team .which ended with me getting booted out ..........

So i took my 5 min probation and said ok fine i was guilty of quiting early those two games

But Last Night i got two more 5 min probations ......I had not quit a game early, and i had not been booted out of any games for team mate deaths....the only game that was not finished was a game where we got a host migration window, and it never connected, and booted everyone back out to a pregame window

Last night i was a party leader, a couple of games after the host migration kick, From a Pre-game Lobby window i backed the entire party out so we could pick up another member......well i got another 5 minute probation....... 6 or 7 games later i backed out of yet another pregame lobby to pick up another party member........and got yet another 5 min probation

I understand why some people rage quit......and i understand why 3arch wants to stop it.....Or at least i think i understand

The concept is good, but give us some guidelines on how many times warrant a probation ......Like the OP you get a warning which would make you think dont do it again...but then the probation comes back to back

And After last nights probations......... where no games were left early...(the vote screen was still active) when i backed my party out ......Makes me think WOW here is another peice of coding in the game that does not work the way it was intended

Level 16

Thanks for your input and sharing your experience.

Responses like this are essential for the community and Treyarch to hear about.

Level 34

I agree, for me the multiplayer side of things is not even worth playing anymore. I got "9" 5 min probations yesterday all due from migrating hosts and connection errors.  And the funny thing is, before the patch i used to be able to hold a green 4 bar connection every match and now i can't even hold a 2 bar connection. Did something change connections wise or is my isp just screwing me over again?

I'm in the U.S. in ohio if its an area thing lol.

Level 8

in reply to RobbieRocket

In theory the probation is a good idea, but the bottom line is that treyarch truly cannot do anything right. The ineptitude displayed by these charecters every time they pop out of their holes is nothing short of astounding. 

Level 20

in reply to RobbieRocket

I play 100% solo and ground war only.  Last night was the first time I experieced this "Probation" stuff.  I am constantly put into games where the teams has like 4 players and they are losing horribly.  Who wants to stay for that?  So I quit and get a probation warning.  Ok, no big deal.  I get into another game and the same thing happens: the team I am put on is getting crushed and there are scorestreaks everywhere.  I quit again and this time get a 5 minute time out.  I turned the game off and played something else.  It's silly for them to think that every time someone quits the game, it's for the same reason.  The probation thing makes no sense. 

Level 9

in reply to dalger22

probation reduces rage quitting which enhances the game with less host migration

Level 7

in reply to RobbieRocket

I quit plenty of matches when I am getting hit markers and no kill but instant deaths, almost always I turn out to be host.  Unless that is fixed I dont give a damn about being put on probation, I will carry on quitting if I feel the need.  I didn't buy the game to be cannon fodder for someone elses pleasure.  They should be able to just count the times people quit who aren't host.

To my mind a far better system would be to stop throwing randoms into a guaranteed loss, and instead throw the quitter back into the match they quit; assuming they try to jump straight back into a different match.  People would either have to fix the mess they created, pay the price in terms KDR, or have a self imposed probation by waiting long enough for the match to finish.

On a side note, I find it really bizarre that Treyarch are spending time on this rather than rectify the matchmaking mess and the cheaters (prestige hackers).  The domination leaderboard top page has been the same all week and I recognise some of the names from as far back as I can remember; one is a telephone number for gods sake!  I don't care much for the leaderboards but they are useful to see if Treyarch are actually doing anything to people who cheat.  It seems to me they aren't.  Instead they are spending their time punishing people who are just trying to play by the rules but having a bad time because of the way the game works, or doesn't work!

Level 38

in reply to sennalike

Probation was already in the code. There was probation when the game first came out however they turned it off due to the frequent kicks everyone was receiving.

Now that the game isn't kicking a majority of players, they turned it back on. As far as spending time on this feature, I am sure all they had to do was change the code from "Probation = 0" to "Probation = 300" to turn it back on or something just as simple.

Level 40

Studios