UNTIL THERE IS A GAME ENHANCING REASON [FOR THE COMMUNITY], AND BOII FUNCTIONS EFFECTIVELY TO MANAGE THIS FAIRLY, PROBATION FOR QUIT-OUTS SHOULD BE REMOVED

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: UNTIL THERE IS A GAME ENHANCING REASON [FOR THE COMMUNITY], AND BOII FUNCTIONS EFFECTIVELY TO MANAGE THIS FAIRLY, PROBATION FOR QUIT-OUTS SHOULD BE REMOVED

in reply to RobbieRocket

You're one of less than a dozen posters on here who I'll actually read the OP after seeing a subject line in all caps.

This hasn't happened to me, at least not since the first couple days when everyone was getting probation warnings every time they got kicked out of a match in progress.  But, I recognize that I'm in the minority around here...I very rarely get freezes (at least, once I replaced my old PS3), I play through the match I'm in when the sound bug crops up, and I check the status of all matches in progress before I spawn in, so that if I'm actually playing that game I'm not going to quit because of uneven teams or enemy scorestreaks.

But, I still do quit a number of matches when the lag is intolerable, and a few when I just get fed up with teammates who refuse to PTFO.  I'd guess that during my 3 hours or so of play last night, I quit 5 matches...and again, I never once got a warning or probation for that.  I have no idea what standards the game has for when to suspend a player vs. when not to; when I do quit I do so within the game (not dashboarding), but I'm not even sure if that matters.  Regardless, as you state it's simply ludicrous to include this system of punishment in a game where the numerous & well documented bugs should be punishment enough for any misdeeds.

Incidentally, I did get the sound glitch again last night, after installing 1.06, and forcing me to leave one of the few lobbies I'd found where I felt I had a solid connection (after the game, of course). 

Level 26

Re: UNTIL THERE IS A GAME ENHANCING REASON [FOR THE COMMUNITY], AND BOII FUNCTIONS EFFECTIVELY TO MANAGE THIS FAIRLY, PROBATION FOR QUIT-OUTS SHOULD BE REMOVED

in reply to RobbieRocket

There are three reasons that I have come across for probation in this game so far.

Once you have selected a weapon class at the start of the game that's it. Quitting in any way after this counts towards probation.

Obviously dash boarding at any stage of the game.

One strange one I found when I got a phone call. The game was just about to start and I did not select a weapon class. I stayed viewing others people playing. If you do not enter the game and let yourself get kicked by the server naturally for non-participation, this will also count towards probation.

I would like to know how many meetings and discussions Treyarch spent on this instead of spending that time fixing the multiple issues still has.

Level 9

in reply to onlyzeone1

I've quit games few times, not in a row and I have had nothing happen to me. Which leads me to believe that the OP must quitting almost every game for this to happen. I just don't see what the fun in playing for a minute and quitting is. Sometimes OP you have to stick it out. I've played TON's of games that started off terrible only to turn it around and vis versa. Maybe FPS is not your thing......

Level 48

in reply to RobbieRocket

I'm actually glad there is a probation. I'm so sick of children constantly quitting games because there is a UAV up on the other side or something stupid like that. I would even be happier if the penatly for quitting a game would be even bigger.

Level 4

in reply to GuyLafleur

Yes, but this does not address the point in this thread.

Sure, there may well be some kids somewhere playing BOII that have (or will) quit when they get killed via enemy use of UAV, but let's play the percentage game here, you're suggesting to keep probation in for less than 1% of the quits, a penalty that the other 99% of the quittees have to endure.

In a completely functional game, and I do not mean a perfect game, just one that runs in an intended way, perhaps the way the Treyarch give the impression BOII runs, in this scenario, the kids and a whole host of other-aged people will be the only ones quitting for this (and other, equally despicable) reasons.

In this event, you and I and millions will be satisfied with probabtion. In this event, probation is for those who should have it, an education or motivation to stay in, if you like.

Right now, however, you're damned if you do and damned twice if you don't. It's lazy and it doesn't work.

Level 34
Highlighted

in reply to RobbieRocket

I don't think 1.06 really did us any favors - I played Dom last night for the Clan Challenge and was getting Lag spikes and stuttering gameplay all night - tons of host migrations and rage quitting hosts that made me lose alot of Captures. 

Seems like maybe we took another step back.

Level 24

in reply to sstang1

not a step back; but not a huge step forward either

Activision Ambassador

it was my first time of playing since the update, and i gotta say it was worse for me if i'm honest.  Although only one game finished due to connection loss, the actual gameplay was as if playing on a knifes edge, lag spikes etc, i always felt as though i was about to be booted.  Just hope it was one bad night, as i love the game when it plays (although very rarely) as it should.  The irony for me is, that the night before the update i probably had the most enjoyable session i have had in any COD game, everyone seemed well balanced, no one person seemed godly and when i died it was like, yeah fair and square they got me!

Level 4

in reply to THE_SENSIBLE_ON

I must be getting lucky... either that or things hit rock bottom for me and now that I see an improvement, it feels like heaven!? I dunno

Activision Ambassador

in reply to RobbieRocket

Well this all happened on Black Ops 1 and u all still bought Black Ops 2, So guess what, You'll all buy Black Ops 3 or MW4 so whats the point in complaining. I personally am gonna go back on MW3 for a while and not buy another cod game. Its all the same on every edition made. If everyone stopped playing for at least a week, it might send a message that they have to listen to. So just change games for a while.   Happy Gaming People!!

Level 1

Studios